Having a problem with audio. Lynx

Thread: Having a problem with audio. Lynx

Having a problem with audio. Lynx

It's fighting between the onboard and my Soundblaster LIve! value card. The live card is digital whereas the onboard is not. My mobo is a Gigabyte M68M S2p. Or is there a way to enable only digital in 10.04 to use the digital (considering my add on card is out of date now.) I simply use it for windows and know how to set it for windows for digital but not Linux. If there are any other details I have missed please let me know and I will be happy to do my part. My speakers only accept a digital signal.

Thanks.

sorry for the double. I have to use the Sound Blaster Live and not the onboard. Again I need the digital from it. I haven't quite got into editing either. Just wanted to say that before a reply comes through.

I'm assuming you're using Ubuntu Linux. If you are using another distro please let us know. In Ubuntu: System>>Preferences>>sound; Select the hardware tab: select your device of choice then select a profile for it. I hope this helps.

If that doesn't get your sound going you might want to try the Ubuntu forum: http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php
    The true test of character is not how much we
    know how to do, but how we behave when we don't know what to do

I apologize, I have been fixed except for the video is choppy with that hardware enabled. What can ya do?

If applicable,
    Update video chip/card drivers.
    Cheers.

Thread Information