[RESOLVED] auto detect hang - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] auto detect hang

Ok then. Try removing the secondary drive and changing the jumper on the primary from master to CS or vice versa depending on how it's set now.

On the SATA problem, you may be able to find a SATA mode switch in BIOS setup. If it's set to AHCI now, try a different setting. The alternative is usually "IDE Mode", but some manufacturers call it different things.
    MS MCP, MCSE, and old fool...

Yes I did all that back before I came here with the problem I tried all the differant jumper settings , I'm happy with it now that it's booting fine.

My next and last system will be with everything new and differant , will start picking up pieces next month.

Now I see you mention about changing some settings in the bios , what section of the bios would I be looking in. I think intergrated periferials was where I turned off the Raid screen during the boot process ( it was on before when i tried my sata's in the sata 2 slots and it would not recognise the sata drives )

I have 2 sata drives I use for back up and storage ..... I would like to use them when I need some files off them with out opening it up and switching cables every time.

surf

I have reviewed your manual and I found IDE mode in Integrated Peripherals > On-Chip ATA Devices > RAID Mode. There, make sure it's set to "IDE". That should do it.
    MS MCP, MCSE, and old fool...

Thread Information