[RESOLVED] Intellipoint Software Incompatible With Win 7 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RESOLVED] Intellipoint Software Incompatible With Win 7

awaiken--Have you looked in your Program Files (folder(s))?
    Run a search for files mskey.exe and qs.exe . Then see where they are.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

I checked for both files and found mskey in [d:]\Programs\Microsoft Intellitype Pro. Don't know what this has to do with Intellipoint mouse? Could not find qs.exe on my XP machine.

What is your conclusion regarding both files?

Desertfox--It would seem you have the MS keyboard installed, but not the mouse. Now you know where the keyboard files are kept. The mouse, if installed, would be in the same directory (Programs), but in a different folder.
    Did you use the CD that came with the mouse?
    Jim

Welshjim-

Yeah mate, i've checked, i have no folders or files like that. I haven't even installed a keyboard driver. It's been bog standard since i've installed windows. Have no idea what could be causing the error message.

Most any Keyboards and Mice will work without formally installing drivers, but more expensive ones like MS hardware come with a CD to install drivers that permit advanced functions.
    And a better test whether the mouse CD has been used is to Search for ipoint.exe .
    Jim

I see what your mean. To explain: in my case, I have a wireless keyboard and so I have a folder for MS Intellitype Pro and it is working alright. I did NOT use the mouse that came with the keyboard (did not like it).

Now, the mouse is completely separate and so has a separate folder as well. All attempts to install version 7.1 for the mouse fail with this obnocious 1603 error. I've tried everything I could but had to go back to version 6.2 using the installation CD. I works alright but from Control Panel> Mouse I cannot see the tab Wireless showing the strength of the battery. There is one thing I have not yet tried: disconnecting the USB stick of the mouse and then install the mouse version 7.1. However, I am almost sure that it will fail as well.

There is one thing I have not yet tried: disconnecting the USB stick of the mouse and then install the mouse version 7.1. However, I am almost sure that it will fail as well.

It did!! Warning, never try this approach, it could be a desaster.

INtellimouse Explorer 2.0 on Win 7 64 bit

I was able to get my mouse to work on 7 64 bit using this driver

IPx64_1033_7.10.344.0

which you can download from the microsoft site. There are later versions of this software but it did not recognize my mouse which is about 3 years old.

Now I am trying to get it to work in Microsoft Virtual PC. I have tried loading the Windows 32 bit version but I get a error message saying that the software is not compatible with virtual machine??? Even though Microsoft claims all XP programs will work......

Thread Information