Can anyone help with a Wireless Web Cam?

Thread: Can anyone help with a Wireless Web Cam?

Can anyone help with a Wireless Web Cam?

My wife decided that she wants to boadcast her birds having baby's over the net. She found a free site that will host the video and we hooked up our JVC video camera and after some Port forwarding we can stream the video over the web. She then decided that a wireless camera would be much better than the video cam so she ordered a FOSCAM wireless camera. The camera came in today and when we type in the IP address for the camera we can see the video. The problem is we cannot broadcast over the internet, I have no idea what to try next....tech support from both the camera company and the hosting service has been non-existant. If anyone has any wireless web cam experience and can help us out shoot me a message.

so you dont want to pass out the ip address of the camera? you want to stream the camera video to your PC and then stream it from your own ip address?

Well I did some searching on Youtube and found a hundred vids on this. I ended up going to DynDNS.org and registering a name. I then went into my router and port forwarded the info and also set the info in the DNS tab (Linksys router). Now i can send the web address to people BUT they are telling me that they can see the screen and the controls but no stream. I know it asked me to install Active X controls but others are telling me that it didn't. Any idea's? Here is the link to the Cam....don't worry it is just birds. The login is visitor, there is no password.

http://amyscam.hobby-site.com:81/

Ok I just had someone tell me that it works on Chrome but not in IE.

works for me in Push mode in Firefox but in IE 8/windows 7 I get a message that Windows has blocked the software because it can't verify the publisher. I tried to manually install the activex component but that didn't help either.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Yeah I have a email into the Camera company asking them why that is happening. It does say something in the manual about going into your internet options and checking the boxes say Allow ActiveX Download but that just seems like a pain for people that aren't computer savy.

I hate to break it to you but your birds have hatched fish! Lots of fish!
    (although I'm guessing you may have already noticed )

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Yeah we got everything up and running and she found a site to host her cam. She has been moving the camera from her fish to her birds. I am waiting for her to ask me for another cam next

Thread Information