Reduce line spacing in Excel 2007 ??

Thread: Reduce line spacing in Excel 2007 ??

Reduce line spacing in Excel 2007 ??

I want to change (REDUCE) the line spacing in Excel 2007, but searching the VDr forums and Googling online only seems to find ways to increase line spacing, and most results are for Excel 2003.

I have gone to cell formatting and selected Distributed for Vertical Alignment, checked "Wrap Text," and manually reduced the Row Height.

None of the suggestions or instructions have provided the guidance I need.

How can I reduce the line spacing within cells in Excel 2007 ?

Thanks in advance,
    Dave G.

There is no way to change the line spacing in Excel like there is in Word. The only thing you can do is change the font size and then alter the cell size.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...346241033.aspx

Have you tried to re-format rows, columns, and cells.. there are height, width, and leading/ending spaces which you can reduce/resize.

I had the same problem at one time too.. trying to 'squeeze' a 96,000 row (each containing 6 columns, and 3 columns of huge amount of text in each). My requirement is that the whole spreadsheet has to fit into a 8.5"x11" (Letter-Size) paper for every page. And the end result has to look presentable with professional looking headers and footers, and logos etc. inside Word.

I first picked 100 rows, and tried out how they would look on Letter-Size paper. Reason I picked 100 rows first is to save time copying and pasting.. Really takes a long time just to copy and paste.

Then, I tried changing font and sizes in the spreadsheet.

Then I tried reformatting rows, columns, and cells in the spreadsheet (I used a copy of the spreadsheet, just in case I screwed up the original... no fun fixing 96,000 rows).

See if this way helps.

In excel help search index for height. I found:

Change column width and row height
    Change the width:
    Of a single column

Drag the boundary on the right side of the column heading until the column is the width you want.

The displayed column width is the average number of digits 0 through 9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

Of multiple columns

Select the columns you want to change, and then drag a boundary to the right of a selected column heading.

To do the same for all columns on the worksheet, click the Select All button, and then drag the boundary of any column heading.

To fit the contents

Double-click the boundary to the right of the column heading.

To do the same for all columns on the worksheet, click the Select All button, and then double-click a boundary to the right of one of the column headings.

To a specific width

Select the column, point to Column on the Format menu, click Width, and then enter a number.

To match another column

Select a cell in the column, click Copy on the Standard toolbar, and then select the target column.
    On the Edit menu, click Paste Special, and then click Column widths.
    Change the default width
    Right-click a sheet tab, and then click Select All Sheets on the shortcut menu.
    On the Format menu, point to Column, and then click Standard Width.
    Type a new measurement.
    The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell.

Tip

To define the default column width for all new workbooks and worksheets, create a workbook template and a worksheet template.

Change the height
    Of a single row

Drag the boundary below the row heading until the row is the height you want.

Of multiple rows

Select the rows you want to change, and drag a boundary below a selected row heading.

To change the row height for all rows on the worksheet, click the Select All button, and then drag the boundary below any row heading.

To fit the contents

Double-click the boundary below the row heading.

To a specific height

Select the column, point to Row on the Format menu, click Height, and then enter a number.
    Eric

Red face a choice

The only way I can see to do it at this point is to separate your data into two cells (instead of only one) and then reduce the cell heights.
    You may have to merge data in the other columns as necessary.

Thread Information