Rouge XP Internet Security 2010 SCAM! How to remove it?

Thread: Rouge XP Internet Security 2010 SCAM! How to remove it?

Exclamation Rouge XP Internet Security 2010 SCAM! How to remove it?

I already have Full McAfee Security that came with my ATT DSL, I've run both the Quick scan and the Full scan and found nothing. These annoying pop ups are terrible. This is what I'm getting non-stop.....
    Beware, Spy ware was found, and your computer is now being attacked.
    Infection detected in background.
    Your data security may be compromised.
    Your PC activity is being monitored."

"Unknown program is scanning your system registry right now! Identity theft detected!
    Do you want to block this attack?"..options>
    1) Please get a copy of XP INTERNET SECURITY 2010 to safeguard your PC while surfing the web (RECOMMENDED)
    2) Run a spyware virus, and malware scan
    3) Continue surfing without any security measures (DANGEROUS)"
    Three of the threats: “Macro.Visio.Radiant”, “Trojan.BNK.WIN32.Keylogger.gen”, and EICAR-test-file”

What stupidity! Yeah, I’m going to believe this is really happening and download the virus, malware, and spyware from the so-called XP INTERNET SECURITY 2010 people, and indeed download and welcome the potential hacker right into my pc!!!! Are you kidding me? These people should get a real job with integrity and stop messing with other people’s computers and lives! This is very shameful!!! This is so sad how individuals and companies wreck havoc with the ordinary person minding his or her own business, and suddenly gets bombarded with fake internet security come on ads.

I’m very careful about what sites I visit, and run frequent scans with usually no risks, AND I recently was so frustrated about not being able to remove the last instance, I had to feverishly wipe my hard drive clean, and reinstall XP OS, all my programs, updates, drivers, documents, music and photos because of this crap! So I ask you honestly, and seriously….
    HOW DO YOU HAPPEN TO GET THIS ON YOUR COMPUTER in the first place?

Most “help” sites I’ve seen to remove this intrusion software has you downloading another file of their own like “Spydoctor”, or “Malwarebytes Anti Malware”, to remove such problematic heartaches. Is there a way to remove this myself, WITHOUT downloading yet another possible misleading threat?

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Malwarebyt...are_d5756.html) to your desktop.

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
    * At the end, be sure to checkmark the Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
    * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
    * Download the update from here if you have problems.
    * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
    * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
    * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
    * When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
    * Post the log back here.

The log can also be found here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
    Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt

Make sure that you restart the computer.

===========

Download HijackThis Executable from here. Save it to your desktop.
    Start HJT & press the "Do a system scan and save a log file" button. When the scan is finished a window will pop up giving you the option of where to save it. Save it to desktop where it is easy to access. Open the log file and then go to the format Tab and make sure that wordwrap is unchecked. Copy the entire contents of the file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is necessary for the running of your system.

Thread Information