ASUS Notebook - Trouble starting with USB devices in.

Thread: ASUS Notebook - Trouble starting with USB devices in.

Exclamation ASUS Notebook - Trouble starting with USB devices in.

Hey all!

I just recently got a new ASUS laptop for Christmas. It runs like a dream and I haven't had any problems with it yet! (Other than when I screwed up my registry and crashed my computer the day I got it and had to reinstall Windows 7, but that was my own fault...)

Anyway, I'm currently using it on my desk, plugged into an external monitor. I had all of my USB devices plugged into the left side of the computer, and everything was working fine.

To rig my stuff up for better usability, I just switched my USB devices from the left side to the right side. Now, whenever I try to start my computer up - both from sleep mode and a full startup - I get stuck at the ASUS screen until I unplug my USB devices and restart.

Does anyone know any common solutions to this problem? I know that leaving USB devices plugged in can occasionally mess with your startup, but I've never had it happen personally. And, since it happens every time, I would imagine there's got to be a fix.

Any tips or help would be appreciated!

-----

At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Which Asus do you have?
    New 8 core
    AMD FX 8350 4Ghz; Gskill 16GB Memory; Kingston 240GB SSD; WD 1TB SATA; Geforce 710 GT 2GB Vid card; Windows 7 Professional 64 bit; HP 25" LED/LCD IPS monitor

Built by Me, in 2018!!

UBCD How to Burn an ISO Image to a Disc
    My photos

Quote Originally Posted by photolady View Post
    Which Asus do you have?
    ASUS Notebook K60 - sorry about that!

At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Since you got it for Christmas, I assume it's still under warranty. Anything you try to do to fix this could void the warranty. Contact Asus.
    New 8 core
    AMD FX 8350 4Ghz; Gskill 16GB Memory; Kingston 240GB SSD; WD 1TB SATA; Geforce 710 GT 2GB Vid card; Windows 7 Professional 64 bit; HP 25" LED/LCD IPS monitor

Built by Me, in 2018!!

UBCD How to Burn an ISO Image to a Disc
    My photos

Thread Information