Tell me where bad things come from?

Thread: Tell me where bad things come from?

Tell me where bad things come from?

Using XP, AVG and Malwarebytes.

I run virus and malware scans at least weekly. Most of the time, there are no threats detected and no bad things to delete. When there are threats detected, Malwarebytes and/or AVG delete them. Where did these threats come from?

If I were told they came from a particular site, I would not visit that site again? If I were told they resulted from an action or inaction on my part, I would stop my bad behavior.

Is there any software which will identify the source of the bad things?

Read How did I get infected?, With steps so it does not happen again!: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic2520.html

Thanks.

You are Welcome!

The site is helpful, very helpful, if I were not doing all of these things now. No matter how careful one is, threats can, apparently, still get through. What I would like to know is where that particular threat came from. If that threat is from the Naked Girls site, identify the site and I will not go there again. If the threat is from email from Lola Pretty Legs, then I will not open her email again.

Again, is there a software which will identify the source of the problem? If not, then I will continue all of the safe practices I am doing and delete threats as my malware and antivirus programs identify them.

is there a software which will identify the source of the problem?
    No, once it's downloaded to the PC there's no way of knowing. However, most real time scanners will alert you immediately of a threat so there should be a pretty good idea where it comes from. As far as drive-by malware goes, Avast's web scanner, for example, shows a banner that tells you that it's blocked access to a site that it's found is trying to download malware to your PC.

Pretty much all standard a/v scanners will pop up a warning box once a file is downloaded or during the process of downloading so you'd be able to pretty easily figure out the source for those too.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

That makes sense.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Thread Information