QuickTime Motion JPEG Video Converting

Thread: QuickTime Motion JPEG Video Converting

Question QuickTime Motion JPEG Video Converting

Hi
    I have a Panasonic TZ5, had it for about a year.
    Have never used the Video mode until 2 days ago.

The task I am trying to do is to take video of my home, and to put it onto a DVD and send it overseas. Used about a boxful of DVD's so far!!

I have tried converting to DVD from the above format, I did get a reasonable picture onto TV converting with "ConvertX to dvd", but couldn't find a way to join individual files. I have tried DVD Santa and Nero.

Also an observation. I have a new panasonic 42" TH-P42S10A with the SD slot. Tried to play a freshly taken video from the card but the TV wouldn't recognise the QT motion JPEG file. I Have since read the TV manual & found that Panasonic make a TV with an SD slot yet it can't read Movie files recorded from one of it's own Cameras.

Can someone help, there has to be a way.?
    Thanks jaew

A free program that will let you convert most all video formats is Super . Go to bottom of page for "download Super setup file" to start dn/load.

There is a bit of a learning curve to it,but it will convert pretty much all vid formats.

Use it to convert to 'Vob' files. Then to join the clips,you can pull them into Nero vision express. Add all the clips you want, then at the bottom left of the window you will see several buttons. Click on middle one to merge titles. Say yes to the popup. Then you can go into 'Create chapters' if you want to do that. When done on that page,go on to the next window (menu's). At top right select 'do not create a menu' from the dropdown. Go to next page. Here,you can preview the file in motion. Click the next at bottom right and you will be at the burn window. Click the details button for info on the file. I'd suggest you choose to burn it to a temp folder from here. You can then use PowerDVD or such to play the file before burning to be sure it's what you want. If ok,then just use any burning program to burn it to a DVD disk...
    Hope this helps...
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Thanks Ridgerunr

I will give it a try, and with luck I shoud be able to handle what I wanted to do.
    It sounds like it's just what I wanted
    I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Your welcome!
    And welcome to VirtDR!
    If you have problems,just let us know and we'll try to help...
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Thread Information