[RESOLVED] Missing keystrokes

Thread: [RESOLVED] Missing keystrokes

Resolved [RESOLVED] Missing keystrokes

Ever since I installed Win 7 on my new rig, I've been having a problem with missing keystrokes, especially if I start typing fast. I had just assumed it was the cheap keyboard I was using (which I liked and Mrs SS hated). So I went and bought a very expensive new keyboard (which she likes anyway), and lo and behold, it's doing the same thing

I have Server 2008 set up as a dual-boot, for experimental purposes, and I can use either keyboard in there with no problems. Also the same keyboards used on my other rig are fine. So I'm left with the conclusion that the problem lies in my Win7 installation. Googling the problem reveals other people experiencing similar problems, but the only solution I can find is a reinstall. If that's the on l;y way then I'll do it, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone else has any ideas first.
    Nick.

Have you tried deleting the Keyboard in Device Manager and then rebooting?

Now why didn't I think of that? I've been tearing my hair out for the last few weeks.

I've got to check it out for a day or so, but I do believe that may have done it. Thanks Doc
    Nick.

I miss keystrokes on all computers all the time...I type too lite....
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Hardy har har....

I do have a REAL sensitive keyboard in the closet that makes the opposite problem - TOO Many keystrokes.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

So far so good. I'm back to my original keyboard too - I hate the new one with a vengeance. I definitely do not recommend the Roccat Valo - it's the same old story of decent(ish) hardware being let down by appalling drivers. The drivers managed to bring both Win 7 and NOD32 to their knees, and the second I uninstalled them all was sweetness and light again

And I typed all that with just a single typo
    Nick.

I was having the same problem. On my laptop I'm also getting the typing "blinky" thingy jumps around so all of a sudden I'm adding letters into a word two or three lines up or 2 or 3 words back.

I'm deleted the keyboard driver and that got rid of the keystrokes not showing up, but I'm still getting the jumping "blinky".

Maybe if I shut my touchpad off when I type so's I don't get that thing confounding the issue.

What do they call that thing anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Well now, here I thought "cursor" referred to people like George Carlin, Richard Pryor, sailors and truck drivers.

Or, of course, to people like myself who can't stop their "blinky" from jumping when trying to type.

Edit: BTW, shutting off the touchpad while typing has cured my "jumping blinky".
    Last edited by DVOM; November 24th, 2009 at 12:56 AM.

Thread Information