DL's in Contacts folder

Thread: DL's in Contacts folder

Question DL's in Contacts folder

I have a user who was using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP3. She has some distribution lists (DL) in her Contacts folder with a lot of entries. Most if not all of these entries are not internal employees. She has been able to send the DL (as an attachment I presume) to people outside the organization and in their Outlook 2003 clients they were able to open the DL and see everything in it.

This user was recently upgraded to Office 2007 and when she follows the same steps in sending a DL to someone using Outlook 2003, when that person using the older client opens the DL it's blank.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Find out the exact steps she took to send this list with 2003 and report back. And what format was the list sent?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Regarding the exact steps, will do.

The format was honestly just the DL being dragged and dropped into a new message as an attachment (I'm pretty sure), so the DL wasn't exported or anything like that. I'm not sure what you're looking for. Did that answer that question?

Thanks Steve.

I did a wee little test in my Outlook 2003...I was thinking the Distribution Lists only work if you have the members are regular contacts...But I too was able to drag and mail a DL and it appears to be aok...

Best guess - Office 2007 is SOOOO different maybe the files are incompatible...Does the receive person have the compatibility pack installed?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks for testing. I'll find out about the compatibility pack and service pack level and just make sure that in general they are up to date on all of the Office Suite patches. I'll be in touch.

Thread Information