[RESOLVED] Acronis TI 2009

Thread: [RESOLVED] Acronis TI 2009

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] Acronis TI 2009

Will ATI 2009 image Windows 7? I just purchased a new rig and decided to get the WinXP Pro and drivers with it. I have a copy of ATI ver.7, attempted to make an image of my C: drive to a second drive (2 sata drives). It came back as image complete, but when I inserted the bootable CD to restore the image (I had created a glitch) - nothing. I had to reformat and reinstall the OS and applications.

I have in mind to purchase Windows 7 and possibly ATI 2009 - if that will do the job. Appreciate any information you may have.

Officially, you would need TI 2010. You may be able to make a snapshot using the boot CD.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing...omparison.html

I tried TI 2009 on my VM (virtual machine) windows 7. It added a proprietary 100 meg boot partition to the virtual drive that completely hosed the install and I needed to go back to a previous VM snapshot to get things working again.

I then experimented with TI 2009 with my real install of W7. I used the TI restore/boot disc instead of installing it. Same results.. it created the same problem as the regular installed version of TI. Don't try it... it will break the install and you'll be in the same postition you were previously.

I didn't want to spend any more money on the new version of TI so I switched to freebie Macrium backup instead. It works just fine on W7. http://macrium.com/

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks, Midknyte and fink, guess I'll forget about ATI 2009.

fink; I may give macrium a try.

As I am about to upgrade to W7 RTM from W7 RC, I was planning on using Acronis to do a preinstall backup. Given the issues stated above, I am now looking at Reflect. However, the most current version available for free does not indicate it supports W7. Have you been successful backuping and restoring W7 with Free Reflect and if so, what build do you have?
    If life was simple then it would be no fun.

Regards, Mike

One question fink, does reflect create a "bootable CD" to restore the "image"?

Yes, it does. It gives you the choice of using a bartpe or a linux based cd. I chose linux and tested it by restoring an image and it worked perfectly. The gui is similar to Trueimage.

It also allows you to open the image and restore individual files. I initially tried the latest Paragon freebie but it does not allow that function which is pretty important to me.

I downloaded and used the latest ver, 4.2 from here...

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.asp

where it does say down farther in the page it's compatible with W7.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks Fink.
    If life was simple then it would be no fun.

Regards, Mike

Thread Information