teredo tunneling pseudo interface

Thread: teredo tunneling pseudo interface

teredo tunneling pseudo interface

I just noticed that under my network adapters in the device manager of my control panel there is something listed as TEREDO TUNNELING PSEUDO INTERFACE with a yellow exclamation mark on it ... this is something that wasn't there before and I have no idea when it appeared ... is this something I can delete or disable .. I have been looking online for an explanation and nothing is making any sense to me ... I trust the advice from the members of this forum ... thankyou for any help with this ....

just did a check under my manage network connections in the control panel .. when I right click on the wireless connection it lists a bunch of things to due with the connections ... there is Internet Protocol version 6 and Internet Protocol version 4 ... if I click on either of these the install button is the only thing I can click on, I can't click on uninstall .... and now in the device manager the thing that was called TEREDO TUNNELING PSEUDO INTERFACE is now call MICROSOFT TUN MINIPORT ADAPTER #2 and its giving me a CODE 10 saying it can't start ....
    Last edited by MESA Boogie; October 19th, 2009 at 03:20 AM.

That's for IPv6. I don't know of any ISPs that actually use it, so you can just disable it.

From an administrator command prompt, run:
    netsh interface teredo set state disabled

After that you can uninstall the teredo device from device manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    That's for IPv6. I don't know of any ISPs that actually use it, so you can just disable it.

From an administrator command prompt, run:

After that you can uninstall the teredo device from device manager.
    thanks for the reply ... am I to type netsh interface teredo set state disabled
    into the command prompt ... or can I just go into the control panel and disable it from there .... I would still like to know how it managed to get there

IPv6 is natural part of Vista and Win 7.

What it is for
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6

Read the section on IPv4 which We are using now.

Quote Originally Posted by MESA Boogie View Post
    thanks for the reply ... am I to type netsh interface teredo set state disabled
    into the command prompt ... or can I just go into the control panel and disable it from there .... I would still like to know how it managed to get there
    You can try that if you want. I gave you my solution.

thanks Train and Midknyte ... if its a part of Vista and Windows 7 then why wasn't it there before .... its something that just appeared ... and it has an exclamation mark on it saying that it failed to load, its an error code 10 .... if I can get rid of the error with it loading then I will leave it .... is there a way to fix this so it is working

Unless your router/ISP support IPv6, you are going to keep seeing that error. Like I said, most ISPs aren't using IPv6. It's not something you can fix on the client side. That's why I said to disable it.

thankyou ... I will follow your instructions to disable it .... for your instructions to disable it, I'm not too clear on .... would I type

netsh
    ENTER
    interface
    ENTER
    teredo
    ENTER
    and then
    set state disabled

last I looked the thing in the control panel with the error is no longer called Teredo, its now called MICROSOFT TUN MINIPORT ADAPTER #2

if you could put your instructions in a line by line form for me that would be great and thankyou !

The command should be entered all on one line as show below, then press Enter after the word 'disabled'.

thankyou ... will put it all on one line

Oops - use Midknyte's link

will do

Thread Information