[RESOLVED] CD/DVD drive not found - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] CD/DVD drive not found

I'd say this is definitely a motherboard issue. You could try resetting the BIOS settings to factory defaults, or removing the BIOS battery overnight, then reinstalling it. There might be a BIOS update available for your motherboard also. However, there is a chance that it might not detect the drives at all again if you try any of these ideas. Of course, that could happen again eventually anyway. If the drives are working now and you can live with the boot errors, you could just leave it as is.

Just want to make sure that you're following the exact string in the Registery. It's very easy to look at the wrong one, and if you do Upper and Lower filters won't show up. I have taken a picture of a different Toshiba Laptop that still has one of the filters in the Registery. I'm not going to remove it unless there is problem. Here is the picture and I have circled the String with RED Circles:

If you do find one Right Mouse Click on the Filter and the Delete either or both Upper and Lower Filters. BTW, from your recent post I'm not 100% sure this is your problem. But from what you had posted before I thought it was. Although, it won't hurt to get rid of these Filters if they are in the Registery. They could cause problems later. Good Luck.

Asus Zenbook Q508UG-212.R7TBL 2-in-1 Laptop
    AMD Ryzen 7 5700U Processor
    8gb DDR4 RAM (Soldered on Motherboard)
    1gb Western Digital Blue NVMe SSD
    NVIDA MX450 (DDR6)
    15.6" 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) Touchscreen
    Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless - AC 7260
    USB 1 x 2.0 - USB 1 x 3.0 - USB-C 1 x 3.1
    Micro SD Card Reader
    Lighted Keyboard
    Webcam/Microphone
    Windows 11 Professional
    MS Office 365 Family
    Logitech Anywhere MX Mouse

Try #4 from my previous post.

Yes Bugspop1, that is exactly where I went. When the cd/dvd drive controller was missing, the upper and lowerfilter was there, but now they are both gone. I noticed yours doesn't have a troubleshooter like mine did, I thought that was kinda strange that a troubleshooter would be in there.

Broni, I am going to give #4 another try, since the cd/dvd controller is there, who knows maybe it will work this time.

jdc2000, I will try your last, and leave it out overnight, I will also get in contact with where I bought my mobo and see if they have anything that could help.

Thanks guys, I will let you know.....
    Last edited by pattigirl; October 19th, 2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: added something else
    Dell Studio XPS Intel Core i7 2.67ghz, 4gb ram, 600gb sata hdd, ATI Radeon, Realtek audio, Optiarc DVD-RW. Vista premiun 64bit

Dell Dimension 8250, 2.40ghz, P4, 512ram, 1- 200gb, 1 60gb hdds, nvidia Geforce4, Creative SB live, CDRW, DVDRW WinXP Pro

Well I am afraid it is the mobo, I took the battery out and when I booted up, Bios found the disk drives, but when I booted again, they were not found again. Also when it started it said low voltage battery, and this is the third battery I have added since I got the new mobo. not normal at all.
    So should I replace mobo, it is still under warranty, or should I just put up with the error screen?
    I don't guess there is anything else I can do.
    Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate you guys
    Dell Studio XPS Intel Core i7 2.67ghz, 4gb ram, 600gb sata hdd, ATI Radeon, Realtek audio, Optiarc DVD-RW. Vista premiun 64bit

Dell Dimension 8250, 2.40ghz, P4, 512ram, 1- 200gb, 1 60gb hdds, nvidia Geforce4, Creative SB live, CDRW, DVDRW WinXP Pro

If it's under warranty, then definitely replace it. It's not something that is likely to cure itself, and it might get worse over time.
    Nick.

Thanks to all, my new mobo will be sent out today.

Excellent, fingers crossed that you have better luck with the new one
    Nick.

Thread Information