Javascript won't load

Thread: Javascript won't load

Javascript won't load

I am receiving the following message when opening a Shutterfly link: The JavaScript for this page failed to load correctly. I have enabled Javascript and Java so that is not a problem. I have done some online Javascript tests and it seems to be running properly. I have had problems with other sites also claiming that Flash Player is not installed (it is installed). Perhaps the problem is the same for both.

I have done extensive searching in Microsoft and Sun Java site and have not had any luck with getting this going. I opened the same Shutterfly link with good results on someone else's computer so it is not a broken link.

Can anyone give me an idea as to what I might do to eliminate this problem? My grandchildren want me to be able to see their pictures!

Which browser and version are you using?

I am using IE8.

Have you tried resetting IE8 back to default settings? (Click Tools | Internet Options | Advanced tab | Reset...).

I did the reset but am still getting the same message. I am running Norton Internet Security and Ad-Aware. I'm not sure if those could be causing a problem. I don't have a problem opening links to other photo sharing sites. Pictures come up prfectly. My desktop is a Dell Dimension E520 with plenty of free hard drive space and memory.

Does the same problem occur with a different browser, such as Firefox?

That site uses a LOT of javascript - don't confuse it with Java, it's totally different. Opera 10 reports "Opera has modified the JavaScript on www.shutterfly.com (Array splice throws on 0-length arrays, breaks Shutterfly.com)" - the jscript has specific checks for IE, the style-sheets use a lot of IE-specific code, and I doubt they've updated it all for IE8.

A Google search for "IE8 Shutterfly" threw up quite a few forum posts where Shutterfly crashes IE8. I'd suggest the same as SpywareDr - try a different browser.
    Anyone can make a mistake - to make a really good job of it use a computer.

Thread Information