Confusion about wi-fi card

Thread: Confusion about wi-fi card

Confusion about wi-fi card

I live in an RV and my only internet connection is via a Ralink PCI wi fi card. I just re-formatted my HD with a clean install of XP pro. The card's connecting fine, but when I right click to see the available networks, I get this:"Windows Cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this connection, use that program."
    I installed the Ralink utility after the reinstall, but I can't figure out what to do now.

Thanks
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

Hello artrosch,

That message just means that you installed a program that is taking over your wireless connection. If you want to configure or view wireless networks, you'll need to use the Ralink utility or choose to stick to built in option in Windows XP. The Ralink program may have an option to let you use Windows to control the connection.
    Eric

I can't find the Ralink utility. I've updated the driver. My next step is to go to Ralink tech support. Thanks
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

Resolved. I did find the Ralink utiity and after a few false starts found the right
    config.
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

Resolved. I did find the Ralink utiity and after a few false starts found the right
    config.
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

Thread Information