[RESOLVED] Flash screensaver failure

Thread: [RESOLVED] Flash screensaver failure

Resolved [RESOLVED] Flash screensaver failure

After two years excellent working my Thomas Kinkade flash screensaver now refuses to work and when it should initialise a dialogue box appears "Could not find the Macromedia Flash".
    I have no wish to change this screensaver but am seeking a solution to this problem. Has anyone got any helpful suggestions please?
    Phantomphil

Welcome to VirtualDr

Have you tried reinstalling Flash?

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flas..._player_ax.exe

(Note: Adobe Flash was previously known as Shockwave Flash and Macromedia Flash)

Flash screensaver failure

Hello VirtualDr
    Your reply to my question is much appreciated.
    I did exactly what you advised (reinstall Flash) using the hyperlink you gave.
    However it has made no difference at all. The screensaver is set to activate at a certain time (5 minutes). At this time a dialogue box appears "Could not find the Macromedia Flash".
    My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition.
    I am very keen to retain this screensaver. Previously it had worked faultlessly for two years.
    My computer is set to allow all the latest Windows updates. I see that "Service Pack 3" is installed. Is it possible that something in this has stopped what has been a normal function of allowing Flash to run for the screensaver?
    Phantomphil

It is possible that the location for the Flash player has changed, and the screen saver can no longer find it. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling the screen saver software.

Resolved successfully - Flash Screensaver Failure

Hello jdc2000,
    Another success for you!
    I am delighted and very thankful to you for resolving my Flash Screensaver Failure.
    I did exactly what you advised (removed the screensaver, closed down & restarted, and reinstalled the screensaver)
    It resumed working normally again immediately.
    It was a simple and effective solution that I had previously not considered.
    I had wrongly assumed that once installed and working it would run for ever.
    Regards
    phantomphil

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it is working again.

Thread Information