[RESOLVED] How to put together 3 photos into just 1 photo - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [RESOLVED] How to put together 3 photos into just 1 photo

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy63 View Post
    ...I still have not found that "eye" that you keep talking about, but will look again tomorrow. ...
    Appreciatively,
    The Eye..

Current PC

Zoostorm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, (XP Mode virtual pc enabled)
    WEI 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 5.9
    Intel Core i5-2310, 8GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 OC
    Samsung Syncmaster SA300 23.6" monitor

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

A screenshot of my GIMP while opened

I just came here and found your post about the "eye". I have always known what the eye looked like, I just did not know where to find it. So today I spent hours on Google Images with a search for GIMP's eye icon, hoping it would show me exactly where to find it. But every time I saw anything about it, it was shown in a drop down menu with an eye next to photos. I just wanted to know how you got to this so I could see all the layers listed--and be able to switch back and forth between the layers. So finally, I thought, maybe my Gimp doesn't show the eye listed on my screen, so I learned how to "snip" in Vista to make a screen-shot of my desktop--but first I opened my GIMP with my T-shirt lady in it (and with the 4th layer showing), and I snipped this photo of my GIMP open screen. Then I uploaded the image to Image Shack so I could post the photo here. Been so long since I did this, I only hope I posted the photo correctly in this thread. I wanted to post a better pic than the one I am going to post, but for some reason Image Shack would not let me upload any other shots of my snipped photos. I will ask 2 question after I post this photo about the picture that you posted.

Now for my question about your photo of the eye. Is the way you get to the eye is by going through Layers, Channels, Paths, etc as I saw at the top of your screen? Because if that is the only way you can access it then that is why I have not been able to find it. If it is listed on the screen itself, can you look at my screen shot and tell me exactly where you see it? Also, once I get to the step where the layers are listed, is this when and how you rename them? As you can see by my screen-shot of my lady in the white T-shirt, it would be very hard to make a good photo of her to go onto a public library picture, so my thought was once I got through with editing her photo, it would be a kindness to her to add something in front of her, from waist down, (once I put her on the tree) like a book cart or something. She is not a paid employee of our library, but a volunteer, (and a very nice person), so I guess they can't really say anything to her about dressing professionally for her job. She does have shorts under that T-shirt, you just can't see it in the photo. I have a large photo of a "library tree of books" and I am layering the different employees all through out the tree and then the library is going to print it out and frame it to put on display at the library for all to see. That is one reason I am trying to be so careful with what I am doing with these photos. I am doing this for the library for free, just because I think so much of everyone there--this is not a paid assignment.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Open the layers window.

Either windows- dockable dialogs -layers

Or ctrl-L

You could also check to see if its already open, but hidden behind the toolbox window, you can drag the toolbox around by left clicking and holding the mouse on the title bar of the toolbox window, or if you move the mouse to the edges of the toolbox, you can resize the window.

Recent versions of the gimp automatically have the main window, the toolbox window and a large combined window with the layers, brushes, channels and paths, open at the start.

You could either download a new version, the installer version or a portable version, or check to see if your version of gimp has the combined window, by checking to see if in gimp windows - recently closed docks - there is a choice to enable it.

This is what the window looks like.

Last edited by General Winters; August 26th, 2009 at 06:03 PM.
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Geforce GTX 660 OC

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

Just a PS

I was just about to send you a PS. After my last post I looked up your time zone to see what the difference was between where you lived and where I lived and you are 5 hours ahead of me. So I setup my Vista clock to let me know what time it will be where you live so I won't post anything to you too late. I am so sorry if I have kept you late up in the past, answering my questions, so I will check out your time zone from now on before I post you anything.

Now I will get back to studying and trying out all you have tried to teach me about GIMP and let you get a good night's sleep.
    Your Friend,
    Sheila

Thumbs up Finally Finished All of the Project!

I finally not only finished the lady in the white T-shirt but also finished the whole project once I got through with the T-shirt. I had to use 3 different editing programs to do it, but after much experimenting around with all of the different programs, I think she will like what I did with her T-Shirt--looks almost like a short dress now. I think my 2 problems with making this project, is that it was a big project and I had never used GIMP before trying such a big project--and since I have never used Photo-shop either, everything was very unfamiliar to me. And the second thing is I think I got over saturated from reading so many articles on how to use GIMP and watching dozens of videos about GIMP--it was just too much to take in all at once--I was too overloaded with information and then could not remember half of what I saw and read. I am posting the complete project here so that you can see how it finally all turned out. But just remember when you look at it, this was my first real project using GIMP and I know it is not perfect. I just did my best and hopefully I will learn by all my mistakes when I was completing this project. Here it is:

Sorry I some how messed up copying & pasting the code here, but at least you can see it.
    Thank you both, General Winters and Jawdeeboy for all your help and your patience with me.
    Your Friend,
    Sheila

Corrected the [ missing in front of the URL .
    The picture is now clickable.

Excellent work, a nice idea.
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Geforce GTX 660 OC

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

One Last Photo Look

I realize that the large photo that I posted did not really give you a good view of what I did with the lady in the T-shirt, so I thought I would post a close up view of her here--my last photo posting.

You'll have to click on the small picture to see a larger version of it to really see the details better. I have not yet figured out what option to choose in Imageshack to up load the photos to make them look larger on this forum.

Just a few notes about the larger photo I made of the tree. The lady in the blue shirt under the tree, with the hat, did not have a hat on when I took her picture. I did not realize until I transferred her picture to my PC that I had not gotten part of the top of her head. So that was why I stuck a hat on her head (with her permission when I told her the problem). And the woman standing next to the woman in the brown shirt at the bottom of the tree, right side, originally her hand was on the front of her husband's red shirt and her other arm was around the back of her husband. It took a lot of finagling to get her erased out from her husband and implant her hand on her friend's shoulder when I added her to the tree. The woman on the left side of the tree, the blond with the glasses, had something in front of her that was very large and white, like Kleenexes or something, so I put books over the top of the white unidentified object. The older lady in pink at the top of the tree on the right side, was bent over something when I got her picture taken so that left her with no arms showing when I wanted to put her on the tree, so that was why I put a photo copier in front of her--so as not to show her with no arms. The only man who was on the tree was completely my fault why he looked so dark. I made the mistake of having him pose outside where the day was very bright-hence, he was as bright as the clouds that were behind him. No editing program I had would let me fix him right. So I just have to live with that bad photography mistake.

Anyway, just wanted to show you a better photo of the lady that use to have a white T-shirt, and give you a little history on the making of that tree.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Those are plenty big enough and by letting them be clickable like that, all is just fine!

Good work!!

Thread Information