[RESOLVED] How to put together 3 photos into just 1 photo - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] How to put together 3 photos into just 1 photo

Thumbs up Found a really great site of tutorials!

Train: Thank you so much for the search link on Google. I had used Google once before trying to find more information but the one you sent me had more helpful links on it. There is one that I found that is just fantastic, and I wanted to post the link here for all the others that have found GIMP as frustrating as I did. This site has many, many tutorials on it, complete with photos on how to do things, and there are many varieties of tutorials on how to do different things. I saved most of the ones I would really be interested in into My Bookmarks because there was too many to print out. I only printed out the ones that I really need at this moment. The rest I will go back and read as I need them, & then I will probably print them out as I need them. This is the site for everyone that uses GIMP and is either frustrated by the program or just want to learn even more about some of its uses:

http://gimp-tutorials.net/

Thanks a bunch!
    Sheila

Be sure to backup your book marks.
    Because sooner or later, that hdd is going to quit working.
    Although we all hope for later, like years and years later.

Learned the hard way.

You should find this thread of interest.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...d.php?t=239981

My search was a simple " Gimp Tutorial '.

You might want to consider installing something like Pdf995 to create .pdf copies of the tutorials on your hard drive, in case they disappear from the web at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    You might want to consider installing something like Pdf995 to create .pdf copies of the tutorials on your hard drive, in case they disappear from the web at some point.
    And boy, have I SEEN THAT enough over the years.

A file on the hard drive is worth two on the Internet.

Train:I went to the discussion site that posted the links for backup programs for Firefox & posted a question there about the different programs that was listed. I appreciate that link because I didn't even know programs like that existed--will save a lot of headaches later I am sure.

Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    How to I find this Pdf995 you mentioned and will it have good instructions on how to make copies of tutorials? This is completely new to me so I would not even know how to begin.

Thanks,
    Sheila

PDF995 is one of several free programs that allow you to create .pdf files from anyting you can print. It adds a printer driver to your system that creates Adobe Acrobat .pdf files. Once it is installed, you can select File, Print from Internet Explorer and select Pdf995 and create a local .pdf copy of the web page that is saved to your hard drive. Not all web pages can be printed successfully, but most can. Install instructions and the download for PDF995 can be found at the link below:

http://www.pdf995.com/

Question Firefox User

jdc2000 you said:
    Print from Internet Explorer
    I have not used IE in the last 5 years, I only use Firefox. Does this work in Firefox too? I read the article in the link you gave to me but could not find any mention of it supporting Firefox. I really don't want to use IE if I can get out of it. Firefox has so many add-ons and pug-ins, maybe they would have something like this on their site--just would not know what to put into their search engine to find a program like this--might be called something else since it would be a Firefox Plug-in or Add-on. Any idea if the program you recommend works with Firefox or not?
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Question A question about GIMP Brushes

General Winter:
    Since you seem to be an expert in GIMP, would you please, please, take a look at my thread under, "General & Business Software" about WinZip problem? It concerns what files to drag & drop into the Gimp brush folder. No one seems to know the answer but since you work with GIMP all the time, I thought you would probably know the answer. I have been holding everything open with WinZip since I posted the problem over an hour ago, thinking someone would know the answer right away & I could go ahead and finish the operation without closing everything out.
    Thanks once again for your help,
    Sheila

PDF995 and similar programs will work with any Windows application that can print usig a Windows printer driver, so Firefox will work the same way. I have not used it with Firefox as much, so I can't tell you how well it will work, but it should do about as well as it does with Internet Explorer.

jdc2000:
    Thanks for the info. I tired to do a search on Firefox for an add-on like this, but got no results, so I am glad you told me it would work with Firefox.
    Sheila
    Sheila

It installs as a printer driver, and thus can be used by any program that can print to a printer, ie if you can file - print in a program you can use the program.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy63 View Post
    General Winter:
    Since you seem to be an expert in GIMP, would you please, please, take a look at my thread under, "General & Business Software" about WinZip problem?
    Posted an answer for you, at least it works for me anyway.

Actually the first time i used gimp was when i read the software list in your very first post in this thread !
    Last edited by General Winters; August 13th, 2009 at 03:41 PM.
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, (XP Mode virtual pc enabled)
    WEI 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 5.9
    Intel Core i5-2310, 8GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 OC
    Samsung Syncmaster SA300 23.6" monitor

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

God, it is so hard to believe that you became such an expert the first time you used this program--unbelievable!! All I can think is that you must either be a graphic designer or have used other very difficult programs in the past, such as Photoshop to be able to catch on so fast! And oh BTW, I had already tried your suggestion about the brushes with my WinZip program and replied to your post.
    Thanks a million,
    Sheila

Thanks !

Yes, used Photoshop before, that helped a little.

Actually my main strength in life is knowing a little about a lot of things, but having no in depth knowledge or great competence in anything..

Might be useful for quizzes etc but sucks for getting a decent job.

;-)
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, (XP Mode virtual pc enabled)
    WEI 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 5.9
    Intel Core i5-2310, 8GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 OC
    Samsung Syncmaster SA300 23.6" monitor

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

Thread Information