I am not sure if this is the right forum to post in or not, but I am sure someone will tell me if I need to move somewhere else.

I do a lot of photo editing to my digital pictures. I have several different editing programs that I use--some do some things better than others, so a lot of times I might use more than one program just edit just one picture.

What I am trying to figure out how to do is to take 3 different photos, crop them and then put them together so that they look like just one picture. I am trying to make a photo like this for my step daughter because she needs one that shows both her, her husband & 2 kids together, but I don't seem to have one photo that shows them all together at the same time. I have experienced around with the editing programs I have, but none of them do what I want them to do, or either I just don't know how to use the program to do this. Below is a list of all the editing programs that I have on my computer--and some of them are so hard to use that I still don't know how to use them:

1. PhotoScape (the one I use the most)
2. Paint.net (the one I use the second most)
3. GIMP (still can't figure out how to use)
4. Serif Photo Plus 6.0
5. Photo! Editor 1.1 (haven't tried it yet)
6. Picasa 3 (can't seem to use it correctly)
7. S10 Red Eyes 3 (does the best job on red eyes!)

Any suggestions or directions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sheila