startup

Thread: startup

Cool startup

I have a Compaq Presario laptop with Windows XL. I also use DSL. I have Mozilla Firefox as browser and Yahoo as homepage. Why does it take so long most of the time to download browser and homepage when I start up. Maybe 5 minutes or so.

Question #2 My screen is flickering most of time or jumping around when typing and other uses. I had it do this once before and got it fixed but now forgot how I did it. It was a simple fix. Which I need as I am not computer savvy. Thanks

I'm guessing you mean XP, not XL. What service pack are you using?

What version of Firefox are you using? Update to 3.5.1 if you haven't already. 3.5 had a known slow startup bug.

You'll need to be more specific about the flickering. Did you try reseating the monitor cable? What video card and monitor do you have?

Cool Start up

Yes, Windows XP Service Pak 3. While typing the screen will jump and I have to scroll back up or it sometimes just jumps a few lines. I posted a later post explaining that I tried to mess around abit and got into trouble. Major. Lost control of computer. Couldn't log on. Got it fixed but don't know how.
    Not going to do that anymore. The jumping isn't that bad that I can't live with it. Thanks. Later post about Sound Card is me. Thanks

Thread Information