I'm Stuck With Distributed Link Tracking

Thread: I'm Stuck With Distributed Link Tracking

I'm Stuck With Distributed Link Tracking

Hi All, ............ Using Acronis True Image Home 2009 with a WindowsXP SP3 operating system my computer developed a problem after cloning Disk 0 to Disk 1. The result is that with both disks connected, the computer never does boot, it gets to a first black screen and hangs there. With Disk 1 disconnected Windows boots normally and I'm writing this to you using the Disk 0. Disk 0 is a 160 GB Sata drive and Disk 1 is a 320 GB Sata drive. Each drive has three partitions; C, D, E, and F, G, H. I have performed this cloning operation several times in the past without any trouble.

The Event Properties screen show the Distributed Link Tracking as the source of the problem. I made a file of the Event screen but could not find a way to insert it in this thread. Can anyone provide guidance to get the computer back to operating with both disks?

With both drives connected doesn't that give you two bootable disks - each with a C drive and one confused system????
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Steve, ............ Thank you for the quick reply. I didn't have this problem in the past. When I open My Computer what I see is that the Disk 0 shows C:, D:, E:, and Disk 1 shows F;. When I open Computer Management I see Disk 0 with my prescribed partition allocations and Disk 1 with drive F: showing 40 GB and the rest, 258 GB, unallocated.

In theory - you shouldn't be able to have two identical drives in the system at the same time...Windows will rename the duplicate drive letters and defeat the purpose of making the clone.

See if the new drive will boot by itself.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thread Information