Looking for a 8 port composite switchbox

Thread: Looking for a 8 port composite switchbox

Question Looking for a 8 port composite switchbox

I haven't had much luck with this.

Most of the major chains don't carry something this big, and trying to google for it online keeps getting me results for the wrong kind of switch, like 8x8 matrix switches, switches as in networking, or $1000+ studio equiptment.

I am looking for a device that can take 8 composite inputs (with audio) and has one composite output, and lets me switch between which one I want.

The closest I found was this device on FRY'S, which is only 6 ports (great price though):
    http://www.frys.com/product/4101883

Anybody know where I can get something like that but 8 ports?
    "A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation..." - William Faulkner

That first one is video only, and WAY above my budget, plus its clearly designed for studio/rackmount use.

The second one just lists a bunch of switches, not a particular one, and they are all matrix, I am not looking for a matrix switch, I just need to switch multiple inputs to a single output, not swap both outputs and inputs.
    "A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation..." - William Faulkner

Vanco doesn't list the unit you found in their current catalog. You might wind up daisy chaining 2 of them.
    Last edited by jdc2000; August 13th, 2009 at 05:17 PM.

Daisy chaining may be your only alternative. Allowing for future expansion two 6 input devices will allow for 11 discreet inputs (one being used for the first unit's output).

Or a 6 and a 4 channel will allow for 9 inputs.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information