vBulletin Question

Thread: vBulletin Question

vBulletin Question

Another forum I frequent also uses vBulletin, (vBulletin® Version 4.2.1). A question has come up which our admin people can't seem to answer. I'm wondering whether there is simply no provision for what we want.

In that forum we can thank a poster, within each posting, if we find the post useful, or if we simply like the post. That must be an option within vBulletin, something which can be turned on or turned off. This forum also uses vBulletin, but does not appear to use that option.

The question which has been asked is, "Is there some way in which I, for instance, can track which posting I am being thanked for? Some way to find which postings without going through all the postings I have made?"

Is there an app or an option which will do this?

I don't know, perhaps one of our local admins will but in the meantime the answer might be in the users manual..

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?m...rsion=40201601

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

A sister site: http://www.vbforums.com/forum.php

Uses "Reputations".... I think it might be an add-on. Members can go into their settings and see info in the attached screenshot.

I never have been crazy about this kind of stuff... And you really have to have it enabled from the beginning... It looks weird for a member to have 5,000 posts but only a few points....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

"Reputations" is as close an explanation as I've seen. From the little I've read I believe it's an option within vBulletin rather than an 'add-on'. Of course, it might be an 'add-on' built into vBulletin designed for optional use. We might even be dealing with semantics on this specific issue.

The examples given in the vBulletin manual are more complicated than what I'm dealing with in the other forum. The choice given is to click on the word "Thanks" if you find that the posting is helpful. The post in question then shows the people who have thanked the poster.

I'll paste in that portion of a post.

Thanks
    The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4breezes For This Useful Post:

name1 (Yesterday), name2 (Yesterday)

Then, as a posters name appears alongside each post, we will see:
    4breezes
    Thanks given

What people are asking is, "For which of my 2229 posts have I been thanked 344 times?"

It would seem that if vBulletin can keep track of how many times a person has been thanked, it should be able to show which posts were appreciated, if specifically asked to show that. For instance, click on the "thanks" listing, and be shown a reverse chronological list of the postings for which thanks were given. It would seem that this is a possibility

You must understand that I have only a vague understanding of what I am asking. I am simply a forum user, not an Admin or even a Moderator. I'm just asking a question which has come up in the forum, a question which our Admin seems unable to answer.

Thread Information