[RESOLVED] Can't get my MIC to work on my Web Cam

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't get my MIC to work on my Web Cam

Resolved [RESOLVED] Can't get my MIC to work on my Web Cam

I just bought a Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 tonight, and found that the mic on it is not working. So I went to the HELP page provide with the software and it told me to goto the Audio Setting. So I went to the software menu and I don't see the Audio setting, but only properties, which only show the property setting for the viewing (such as lighting, color, and stuff like that, nothing about audio) Here are some screenshots

Anyone else got this product and knows how to get the mic to work?
    Will update soon

The pic you posted states:
    "You must first install Windows Live Messenger version 8.1"
    Did you do that?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I have the most up-to-date messenger installed weeks ago, but I will check the version again to make sure (at working right now). Also why would messenger matter anyways? I have other software that uses the webcam, and I tried the webcam offline trying to record video, and no sound, (that's until I visited the Microsoft Hardware website. Here the other funny thing about all this. As you can tell from the second image it shows "Check for Update" I tried that and there where no new updates. So when I visited the Microsoft Hardware (software support) page, geuss what! There's an update to the webcam software. Geeeezzz! The version that came on the CD was a 1.4 and the was a update version on the site 2.4... The sound now works, but the software is worse in responce to the user action, (BIG DELAYS), the first run CRASH my system into a lockup. I have to say this is the worse product I ever used. Thinking about returning it, and go for Logictech Pro WebCam.
    Will update soon

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkertron View Post

... Thinking about returning it, and go for Logictech Pro WebCam.

Product:Reviews:Current pricing:

After installing the updated software from Microsoft Hardware support site I got the Audio/video properties to work (only under Windows XP)... For some reason or another the button is grey out under Windows Vista. I geuss i'm going to have to call Microsoft Tech support and see if the area aware of this.
    Will update soon

Steve it seems that you were right (kinda). You've asked
    "You must first install Windows Live Messenger version 8.1"

Did you do that?
    Well I installed a newer version then 8.1 but found out that it was a newer "beta" version. As I talked with Microsoft Tech Support he told me that the beta version does not work on webcams yet. I then told him that is only true under Vista, cause I have the beta installed on the XP also and that it worked just fine under XP. He could not explain why that is, and so he uninstalled the beta in Vista and installed the 8.1 insted. Now it works.
    Last edited by Tinkertron; May 5th, 2009 at 09:51 PM. Reason: misspelling
    Will update soon

Another thing, why didn't the Check for Updates not work? Cause the CD software version was 1.4 and the downloaded version that I found on their website was 2.4.
    Will update soon

Thread Information