VTS format to DVD

Thread: VTS format to DVD

VTS format to DVD

Question: I have some VTS or Video_TS files that I want to burn to DVDs so they can play in a standard DVD player. What is the best way to do this? Thank you

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    What are you using to burn DVDs with? And what OS. Vista will burn those files so you can play them in a standalone DVD player.

I used the CyberLink DVD suite that came with Vista. When I put it in the DVD player it said 'cannot play this format". This DVD player will play just about anything. Do I need to do anything with the .ifo and .bup files that I see? I burned only the VTS files.

A dvd video usually has two folders, Audio_TS and Video_TS

The audio folder contains nothing and the video folder contains, various .vob, .bup and .ifo files.

The VOB files contains the actual video,audio,subtitles and menus, the IFO files include information such as chapters, subtitle tracks and audio tracks and the BUP files are backups of the IFO files.

Normally if you have the full set of files to burn a video dvd you would add the ifo bup and vob files into the video_ts folder that your burning software will show when you tell it to create a dvd video disk.

Thats a screenshot from the freeware CDBurnerXp
    Current PC

Zoostorm
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, (XP Mode virtual pc enabled)
    WEI 7.4, 7.6, 7.9, 7.9, 5.9
    Intel Core i5-2310, 8GB Ram
    Geforce GTX 660 OC
    Samsung Syncmaster SA300 23.6" monitor

Folding@home
    User Name Sintares
    Team guru3d

There is no such thing as overkill. 'Open fire' and 'is it dead?' are the only sane options when threatened.

Thread Information