I am a total newbie to all this DDNS stuff, but here goes...
My parents just installed some security cameras at their home. They would like to be able to view the cameras when they are away via the internet. I went over there this weekend and got the DVR unit hooked up to their home network, and assigned the DVR a static IP address using DHCP reservations in the router's settings. They can view their cameras now from their home computers with no problem.
Now....I read that the only way they will be able to view their cameras when away is if they got a DNS host. (because of having dynamic IP from ISP instead of static) I also read about having to forward ports and then I got them signed up with a dyndns.com free account.
And now...I am completely at a loss as to what I need to do and what settings I need to have entered where to make this work.

They have a Trendnet TEW-631BRP router. (If anyone cares to look at the users manual on that router, here is the direct link to the site where it can be dowloaded: http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/li...UBTYPE_ID=1102 )
All their computers run XP, and the DVR unit has a software program called "Remote Agent" The DVR unit has settings that can be modified. These settings are:
DHCP on or off, DDNS on or off, DDN Name (which is currently "DVR.NAME") and IP address, gateway, subnet, and the other typical Network settings.
I plugged in the settings for my router (as far as the gateway and DNS servers and stuff are concerned) and assigned it the IP address that I reserved for it. The DVR says that the webserver port of 80 and the client port is 6100.

The router did not have a setting that specifically said "port forwarding" so I am not sure where in my router i need to enter anything. I tried enabling DDNS on the router and plugged in the host info I got when I signed them up with dyndns.com. I entered the DVR's internal private LAN IP address for the address in that set up. (Not sure if that was correct or not..)

If anyone can help me out here it would be appreciated!!