[RESOLVED] apple IPOD frozen no lite screen

Thread: [RESOLVED] apple IPOD frozen no lite screen

Resolved [RESOLVED] apple IPOD frozen no lite screen

Connected my Ipod 8GB player device to my USB 2.0 port (win XP pro) to 'charge' the battery and during the course of the evenng, I restarted the PC; it stopped at the J:drive and reported a 'CD' was trying to start up windows., .. I immediately recognised that my Ipod was plugged in and pulled the USB jack out of the PC tower., the Pc restarted., . reinstalled the jack back into the PC once started..

then this morning I saw that my Ipod was still plugged in after 12 hours of charge, and pulled the USB jack out of the tower and then found I could not get the device to 'lite' up . it just sits there with a darkened screen showing me the device is still plugged in.

I cannot get the device to start., and my PC does not recognize the J: drive device (ipod) when plugged in.
    I used the Ipod apple help section and it does not recognise any device plugged in.., I then went into- My Computer/Manage /Services-applications and found the Ipod and stopped the service and then restarted it.,

still nothing ..

I then went into device hardware and removed the USB apple port and when I plugged the ipod into my 2.0 USB port it makes a sound of being identified
    (Ka-chhuung), but still nothing on my PC to see the device which is still frozen on the darkened screen..

any advise how to reboot the Ipod,???? The music on it doesn't matter as all I want to do is to restore the ipod to factory levels..

Thanks
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    If your ipod has a white control ring and a middle button. Hold the ring at the top, and press and hold in the middle at the same time. This will reboot the ipod.

Teenagers in my house now are always messing up their ipods. I checked with apple and this is what they said to do.

that fixed it.. Thanks !!
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

You're welcome!!

Reboot IPOD

Hold the ring at the top, and press and hold in the middle at the same time. This will reboot the ipod.

Wish I had known that years ago.

This only works for those ipods with the white ring. Can't remember if the older ipods had those or not.

The one I messed with did.

I found the answer at Apple. I just looked for a way to reset my great niece's ipod. And that's what they said to do.

Thread Information