[RESOLVED] Motherboard recall.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Motherboard recall.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Motherboard recall.

Hello, I was hoping for a little advice. If this is in the wrong category, feel free to move it to an appropriate forum. I have an HP DV9005ca laptop, which has been recalled for defective left hinges, and motherboard problems. I contacted HP and they agreed to repair the hinge, but at first would not even acknowledge the motherboard recall, untill I had to send them a link to their own recall page! Then they send me the following:

"I have reviewed your email and I agree with you that your notebook is covered under HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement. However, I regret to inform you that the HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement has expired on 01/24/2009. The HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement is valid for 24 months after the start of the standard HP Limited Warranty. Your notebook's standard warranty started on 20 Dec 2006. As the HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement has expired you may be charged for the service. Once technicians diagnose the notebook you will be informed about the cost of the repair.

I am sure that the above provided information will help you. If you need further assistance, please reply to this message and we will be happy to assist you further.

For information on keeping your HP and Compaq products up and running, please visit our Web site"
    at:

http://www.hp.com/go/totalcare
    -------------------------------------------------
    Do I have any recourse to this? They are going to avoid replacing my defective motherboard because of a few weeks passing after their deadline? Any advice or suggestions from this community will be appreciated, as to how I can get HP to repair and stand by their product. Thanks.

I would attempt to find someone higher up the food chain at HP and raise a little fuss
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Boot error.

Thanks for the advice. After several e-mails, calls and talking with alot of different people, they repaired my laptop. Everything seems to be working fine, (so far) except for the following boot error message which I didn't have before:

NVIDIA Boot Agent 232.T120
    Copyright (C) 2001-2005 NVIDIA Corporation
    Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.
    PXE-M0F: Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent

----------------------
    It seems to boot normally after this, but I just want to be sure I don't experience future problems. Does anyone know the meaning behind the error message and a fix? Thanks.

http://www.compaq.com/support/askkcs...6_3024914.html
    Problem Description:
    • Error: PXE 61 Test Media failure
    • Error at boot
    Solution:
    • Put 'Hard Drive C:' before 'Network' in the boot order
      (If the hard drive does not appear in the boot order, that's why the PXE network boot agents start)

Note : Check that the hard drive is seen in the BIOS setup
    Cause:
    • PXE (pronounce Pixie) is an agent used to boot on to the network
      It's using the DHCP protocol to localise a server where the image of the OS is located
      In order to PXE boot press F12 at startup or configure the boot order in BIOS to display 'Network' before 'Hard Drive C:'
      If, for any reason, the hard drive is not seen the computer will attempt to boot on the network controller.
      That is caused by the hard drive is missing, unplugged or failed

Resolved.

It worked, thanks for the help.

No problem. Thanks for letting us know it worked.

Thread Information