[RESOLVED] No VGA input signal, monitor going to sleep - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [RESOLVED] No VGA input signal, monitor going to sleep

Hey, i know im posting late, but i have a similar problem with a hp pavillion. I did everything said here short of buying a new mobo. Everything works, just niothing shows up. The mouse and keyboard light up, the fans spin, the hardrive spins, everything.

But the monitor just goes to sleep. When i unplug it from the pc, it says check video cable. when i plug it back in, it goes to sleep... it's not the resolution either. I've tried a 1000+X1000+, and nothing, tried a 1366X768, and another square screen monitor from like 05... nothing works, they all go to sleep.

it;s kinda getting me mad because just a couple months ago it worked with my 1366X768, but then i changed the thermal paste on the cpu, and now this...

it's not the cpu, cause it gets warm... the CMOS seems fine too....

ok, funniest **** happened, i was going crazy trying to find the problem, then right after posting here, i mean RIGHT after posting, i went back and tried turning it on and everything works..

I know this is now an ancient thread, but the problem seems to be pretty common. The power source died on my cpu, so I took it to my local computer store (where I bought it). They replaced the power source and removed some virus's and malware. I brought it home, plugged it up; the monitor says No Signal and goes to sleep. I took it all apart and reattached all the cords/cables. There is only 1 place to attach the monitor VGA. I know they had to use a monitor to do all they had to do, so why does mine not work? I did plug the monitor into my laptop and it worked just fine. I don't have another monitor to plug into the cpu. The store puts a seal on the computer and as long as the seal isn't broken, their work is guaranteed for a year. I'm taking it back on Saturday. What could have happened between the store and my house" How much do graphics/video cards usually run?

Next time, create a new thread. Even if the problem sounds similar, it might be completely unrelated.

If you don't see at least a BIOS screen when you power it up, then it's likely something got knocked loose during transport.

You didn't give any specs about your system, so we wouldn't know what kind of video card would be compatible. It depends on the type of GPU you want and how much you want to spend.
    This is a good starter article:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...view,3107.html

Thread Information