[RESOLVED] No VGA input signal, monitor going to sleep - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] No VGA input signal, monitor going to sleep

Welcome to VirtualDr!

The CMOS is a "complementary metal–oxide–semiconductor" (chip) where your computer's BIOS (basic input/output system) settings are stored.

The BIOS is boot 'firmware', (software stored on a chip), that is designed to be the first code run by a PC when powered on. The initial function of the BIOS is to identify, test (known as "POST" or Power-On Self-Test) and initialize system hardware devices such as video, ports, drives, keyboard and other installed hardware. The BIOS sets the machine hardware into a known state, so that software stored on compatible media can be loaded, executed, and given control of the PC. (In other words, boot up the Operating System).

In order to keep your CMOS/BIOS settings from reverting back to factory defaults, there is a small coin|button type battery attached to the motherboard. This battery also keeps your system's date and time current. The most common CMOS battery on desktop PC motherboards is a "CR2032".

Some motherboards offer a CMOS-reset jumper or a reset button. Some also have an option in the CMOS/BIOS settings to reset to everything back to "factory defaults". Another way to reset the CMOS/BIOS settings is to simply remove the CMOS battery.

I appreciate your reply. I understand the suggestion to be that this coin/button chip should be unplugged and replugged to possibly repair the mentioned problem.

Since replying, we have clean out the computer tower good with vacuuming and blowing arosol can. It has not stopped the problem.

Usually we can get the computer monitor to come on by clicking and reclicking the screen monitor button about 20 times on and off until the error message stops coming on turning out the screen. It will actually boots up while we are doing this clicking. Yes, it is aggrevating!!

The HP (Hewlett Packard) booklet says the screen to computer cord could have bent little peg prongs and need a new one.

We will keep trying and noting later. Thanks

Usually we can get the computer monitor to come on by clicking and reclicking the screen monitor button about 20 times on and off until the error message stops coming on turning out the screen. It will actually boots up while we are doing this clicking.
    This would indiate that the monitor is likely your problem. If the monitor does the same thing on another computer, then you have found the problem.

Hi.
    I have the same problem. I tried to reset the bios ane removed thd graphic card,the ram but nothing change. My monitor give this problem on start up and i have to wait for 2 or3hours till it open my desktop so i can use it for 1 or2hours and then the same problem.any idea.please i need help!

andreabroka

Try the monitor on another computer, and try a different monitor cable also. If it does the same thing, it is time for a new monitor.

sorry for not writing thir before, i have tried the tower with an another monitor,same problem,and the monitor with another computer it works normaly.

You have a hardware failure in the computer tower. First of all, try testing the power supply. If you have, or can borrow, a multimeter, here's how to test one:

Testing PSU Voltages

ATX Power Supplies

Trigger Power Supply for testing

In depth look at the power supply

Or alternatively you can buy a proper PSU tester, they don't cost much:

PSU Tester

ATX12V PSU Tester
    Nick.

Is it possible that the problem stay in the motherboard or in the graphic card?my motherboard doesn't have an integrated card(there is only the nvidia card). The tower never reboots for it self and stay switched on until I switch off. In this moment the monitor dosn't work even if I let it for all the day. As I say above at the begin was different. Thank you for replying!

andreabroka -

There are a number of possible causes. I'd check the power supply first, as SS suggested. Also, post the make and model of your computer or motherboard (if it is not a Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway, eMachine, etc.). Open the tower and post the make, model, and wattage of the power supply. Check to see that all fans are running.

Yes, it could be the motherboard or the graphics card, but if the power supply is not working properly, nothing else will be either.

helloooo,
    Finally I am writing from my computer. So the problem was the motherboard. I changed it with an asus psq deluxe. After a lot of problems to mount it now I hope everything is ok
    Thanks!!

what is the cost of the replacement of the motherboard

hey i have same problem with same computer..... i wanted to know ....what was the cost of the replacement of the motherboard?????

and what is asus psq deluxe

replay soon plzzzzzz

That should be "Asus P5Q Deluxe". (I.e., a "5" instead of an "S").

More info: http://www.google.com/search?sclient...xe&btnG=Search

ASUS P5Q Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P45 Intel Motherboard is what you are referring to.

Assuming you are in the us, here is a good selection of Socket 775 mobos:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...e=&srchInDesc=
    Nick.

I think you had the answer. Before changing the motherboard try first using the another graphic card.

Thread Information