NAS Drive Problems

Thread: NAS Drive Problems

NAS Drive Problems

i have a Netgear V2 DG934G (the sky wireless router) and have a vista laptop connected through wireless aswell as an XP Pro pc, then i have another xp pro pc attached through ethernet.

recently i bought an iomega 360gb home network drive to share files accross the network. it came with software where you can mount the drive and manage it. when i run this software and mount it so it appears as a network drive in my computer it works great. but whenever i turn that computer off and next turn it back on its gone, i have to re-mount it using the iomega software. the drive doesnt appear in my network places. in vista it appears in network but you can only view the devices web management page.

it worked well at one point but when i had to buy a new adsl cable and move the router all went wrong, the vista laptop stopped remembering it in my computer and i cant get it to remeber it again. its so annoying having to mount everytime i boot a pc up.

any help will be very greatful

thanks (:

Have you tried removing the iomega software, rebooting, and then reinstalling the iomega software?

i have just done that and i also gave the workgroup for all computers including the network drive a different name and all works great

thanks

Excellent. Good to hear you got it working. Thanks for posting back.

Thread Information