[RESOLVED] Outlook 2007 Won't Send Attachments

Thread: [RESOLVED] Outlook 2007 Won't Send Attachments

Resolved [RESOLVED] Outlook 2007 Won't Send Attachments

My Outlook 2007 (OS XP2) suddenly won't send emails that have attachments, whatever the size.
    It says "Preparing to Send & Receive", but nothing happens and it eventually times out.
    I have recently installed Bit Defender, downloaded Microsoft Updates, and repaired Office 2007.
    I ran Scanpst.exe which found some errors and repaired them. I have carried out anti virus and malaware scans. I have tried to send with Bit Defender switched off. I have also tried to send to myself.
    I have no problem with incoming or outgoing simple emails.

Help would be appreciated.

Resolved

The problem was not that emails with attachments were not being sent, they were being sent many times. They stayed in the outbox even though they had been sent, and then were continually resent until I deleted them from the outbox.

I ran Office Diagnostic and the only problem it highlighted was that I had not deleted Office 2003 when I installed Office 2007. This I did and the problem has gone away.:up:

Thanks for the update.

As you have discovered, mixing Outlook or Office versions can cause issues.

pst size

i've seen this problem when the pst file was full or nearly full. outlook attempts to move the outgoing email to the sent folder before removing it from the outbox. If there isn't enough room in the pst for the file (and attachment) then it stays in the outbox and gets sent every time outlook sends mail. 2007 has a larger capacity pst but i'm not sure if that includes psts upgraded from previous versions. I read that the new limit is 20 gig. You would not be able to delete the message from the outbox if this was the issue (because there wouldn't be enough room in the pst to put it in the trash). If this is the case hold the shift key down and delete emails (bypasses trash and permanently deletes). That will open up some space.

Quote Originally Posted by Screlge View Post
    The problem was not that emails with attachments were not being sent, they were being sent many times. They stayed in the outbox even though they had been sent, and then were continually resent until I deleted them from the outbox.

I ran Office Diagnostic and the only problem it highlighted was that I had not deleted Office 2003 when I installed Office 2007. This I did and the problem has gone away.:up:

Thread Information