Integrated Graphics to PCI

Thread: Integrated Graphics to PCI

Integrated Graphics to PCI

I'm installing a PCI graphics card in a Dell Dimension 2100. In the BIOS under Video Configuration it has Primary Video Adapter [PCI]. Off to the side it says, Allows selecting an AGP or PCI video controller as the display device that will be active when the system boots. That's all it says is PCI not PCI and Auto like it says in some Dells. There is no AGP slot just 4 PCI slots and number 1 is vacant so that is where it goes and it will fit OK. My power supply is big enough to handle it also. If I just install it and reboot will it select the new card or do I have to disable the integrated graphics after the reboot to get the new card? The card is a GeForce FX 5200.
    squid13

If that;s the only option your BIOS gives, then it will probably detect the card on boot. Still a good idea to turn off/disable the onboard graphics in Windows to avoid any conflicts....do NOT UNinstall the driver; just disable.
    Desktop: Intel i7 960 CPU @ 4.0GHz, EVGA Classified 4-Way SLI mobo, 12GB Corsair Dominator-GT 2000 DDR3 RAM, Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB Solid State Drive, Two WD 2TB SATA drives, 2x EVGA GTX 570 Superclocked graphics cards in SLI, Coolermaster HAF X full tower case, OCZ ZX 1250w PSU, Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
    Laptop: MSI GT60-004US, 2x Seagate Momentus XT 750GB SSD Hybrid drives in RAID 0, 16GB DDR3 1600 RAM, GeForce 670M 3GB graphics card, Networks 'Killer' N-1103 WLAN card

Thank you for your response, I was hoping that it would do as you said. If it does I'll just disable on board graphics like you said. Thank you.
    squid13

Thread Information