Hacker issues

Thread: Hacker issues

Hacker issues

Someone is hacking into my and my fiance's computers. It started a few months ago and continues to this day. My Yahoo! email is monitored by this person. My fiance's AOL email is also monitored by this person. We know this because our emails to each other are being read before we even open them! All of my old love letters to her have been deleted! Emails I write to female friends are being forwarded to my fiance! Making it appear as if I am seeing other people...which I am not. A fake email made to look like it was sent from my fiance to one of her old boyfriends was recently forwarded to me! I called her and she said she never sent it.

When this hacker forwards my emails to my fiance they always arrive without a sender's name. The hacker has also AIM's my fiance to annoy her and the hacker doesn't have a username.

My friends tell me my fiance is behind this, but I don't believe them. She is a wonderful and honest woman. I believe it is one of my old girlfriends attempting to break me and my fiance up. This old girlfriend is vicious and has many connections with people who are computer geniuses.

My questions for you are:

1) Is it possible for any hacker to send an email and IM someone without displaying a username? I don't want to know how it's done. Have no interest. All I want to know is if someone can do this? My friends say it isn't possible.

2) Me and my fiance have changed our passwords many many times, but this hacker always finds a way in. Is there some way we can find out who this hacker is and press charges?

Thank you.

E-Mails can be sent with a blank sender. However, you may be able to look at the headers to see what IP address originally sent them. If multiple forwarding servers were used, this may not be useful though.

It sounds like one or both of your computers have keyloggers on them, probably software ones although a hardware/software combination is possible. It is time now to examine the computers for unrecognized hardware devices. Then, I'd purchase new hard drives and reinstall Windows and your software, saving the old ones for forensic analysis. Re-key your door locks and change all passwords once you have clean computers.

Thread Information