[RESOLVED] Windows Installed Programs not working

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows Installed Programs not working

Resolved [RESOLVED] Windows Installed Programs not working

All of my Windows installed icons seemed to stop functioning. Two days ago I received an error 0x80000FFFF while trying to backup my hard drive. The backup failed and I received the mentioned error saying it could not find the Shadow Copy. Then all of the installed icons for games (Solitare, Minesweeper, Freecell, etc,) all stopped working. The games I installed myself work just fine.

The "New Updates are Available" icon in the sys tray is not working and I just tried to go to "Control Panel" but got a blank screen.

In short all of the programs I installed work fine, all of the HP programs (HP Games, HP Solutions, etc) seem top be working.

Most of the Windows Vista icons or programs are not working including the Windows Games, Windows Updater, Windows Photo Gallery and Performance Information and Tools. Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center do work.

I'm confused. The only thing I've done recently is a full system scan for virus and malware, Disk Cleanup and I attempted to backup my hard drive but it failed. After that everything seemed OK but a day later some things ceased to function.

Except for the backup failure error there are no error messages. They just seem to do nothing when I click on them.

Did you try System Restore?

Resolved Duh!!

I did now and it worked. If it weren't for people like me, you wouldn't have anything to do.

Thanks.

If it weren't for people like me, you wouldn't have anything to do.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Thread Information