message-someone else is using your computer

Thread: message-someone else is using your computer

message-someone else is using your computer

when I go to shut down my laptop, a couple times I got a message that says "someone else is using your computer, shutting down will cause them to lose their info" (or something like that). I shut it down anyway, but the wierd thing is this has happened when I was off-line. What does this mean?

Sounds to me like you've been contaminated. My suggestion would be to go here and dn/load HiJackThis. Create a folder in Program Files and install it there. Save the log after running it and post it in our HiJackThis forum.Our experts can take a look and perhaps help you clean up...
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunr
    Sounds to me like you've been contaminated..
    Are you sure?
    I get that message in one specific scenario-when I shutdown from the login screen after waking up from sleep mode (am I using the correct terms here?), in which case "someone else" is actually me not re-logged in.

EDIT:This is on my laptop.

There's at least one user account open when you get that message. For example, if you select user A when starting up, then after a while you do a fast Switch User to the user B account - you will get the above message if and when you go to shut down without logging out the user A account first.

If you're getting it after waking up from sleep mode, it's precisely because your user account is still running but you haven't logged back in completely before shutting down. That's the way it works. Disable Sleep Mode and that'll stop.

Thanks everyone.....I think it's because the computer was in sleep mode.
    appreciate your help!

Thread Information