REFILL LEXMARK BLACK CATRIDGE NO 14 PROBLEM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: REFILL LEXMARK BLACK CATRIDGE NO 14 PROBLEM

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by hinkike View Post
    Yes Yes Yes it worked for me. I have a Lexmark x2670 with #14 (black ink cartridge) the one that came with the printer and it ran out of ink. I put tape on the bottom 4 points of the cartridge, put it back in the printer and went through the install cartridge steps that automatically came up including scanning what was printed and it is printing now. When printing you will see a question mark on the black printing status bar but who cares anyway. Praise the Lord!
    Well I thought it did. I should have waited to post the above but it didn't work. I have learned that the black printed a couple more pages and then started using the color ink. By taping the bottom 4 dots on the front strip only told the printer that there was no cartridge. I read the top of the 14 and 15 cartridges and it says licienced for 1 use only. They want you to return the cartridge to Lexmark. I have ordered the 14a black and the 15a color and will try to refill those.

Quote Originally Posted by petrw1 View Post
    Please explain what you mean by this or how you did it. From my perspective (obviously not yours) the bottom 4 points are just plastic corners.

Thanks
    It was the bottom 4 dots on the strip with a piece of scotch tape. It didn't work anyway. the printer just used the color instead and showed the black with a question mark on the fill level when printing a page. I believe the refillable cartridges are 14a and 15a. The non a's are liceiced for single use only and even if you refill them they will print so many pages and then stop. I had a lexmark 1200 and refilled them at least 10 times each. They are losing money when we refill.

Any luck with the 14a or 15a???

Was it as simple as drilling the holes and adding more ink (of the right colors, of course)? Or is there something you need to do in the print control panel? Maybe tell it you replaced the cartridge; even though you really didn't - just filled it? Or do I keep ignoring the warning and let it keep using the "reserve tank"; which is really just the new added ink? Or is it smart enough to notice it has ink again? I can't imagine how it would know.

Thanks

The "official" word from Lexmark chat support

"A" Cartridges are not Return Program Cartridges, so the license to use does not include a provision that the customer use only once and return to Lexmark. This does not mean that a refilled “A” cartridge will work exactly like a new cartridge. Lexmark also does not warrant the performance of a refilled cartridge. The use of a refilled cartridge does not invalidate the printer warranty, but the warranty does not cover any damage that might be caused by a refilled cartridge.

"A" cartridges cost more, but they do not have to be returned to Lexmark. The customer may refill them, sell them or smash them if they want. Keep in mind that once a cartridge has reached empty, it will stay empty (even if refilled) and the cartridge is no longer under warranty from defect. What a customer and agent need to understand is that the a non-"a" cartridge will shut down and must be returned to Lexmark. It is unlawful to sell them, refill them or smash them.
    NOTE: As it states even if you refill them they will continue to show as empty so you need to either ignore the warnings OR click the "Do not warn me again" option.

Gentleman I believe I DO Have a Solution:

Hello Everyone at Virtual Dr.:
    I DID try to Post this response, yesterday 6-14-11, towards the end of my Workday. I did Post a short note, on the Lexmark No. 14 Cartridge discussion, that I Never Did See posted, today, on our Forum, when I went Back to it. I don't think a short discussion, about my Solution would offend anybody. PLEASE forgive, if I did. I am a Newbie on here, but,... do Have 16 years of Computer and Inkjet Copiers/Printer experience. Here's what I did, THAT SUCCEEDED. Remember guys, THIS WORKED for the Black Lexmark No. 14 Cartridge ONLY ! I will Post, at a later date, if I get a Good Color Cartridge No.15 Solution. When I sacrificed an Empty No.14 Cartridge, and SAW All of the Internal Components and Cartridge Sponge Locations... it Really Helped with my Solution- THAT DID WORK in my Lexmark X2670 Printer/Copier. I Would NOT proceed, as a former Poster said, to drill, at those 2 little holes on the
    top side of the Black No. 14 Cartridge. As you are looking down upon the TOP Side of the Black No. 14 Cartridege, you will see the folowing arrangement of Symbols and features, starting at the 12:00 O'clock Top Side View:

A small Plastic "Ear" on top of the cartridge

Remember you are "reading"
    these Instructions from Top to
    the bottom of the Cartridge

A square with a little black inkdrop in

the number 14

the word Lexmark

two TINY impressed dots into the Cartridge
    the word Lexmark impressed into the Cartridge
    two Tiny plastic "Ears" that will stick Up at you

Now, I am Assuming that everyone out there in Virtual Dr. land, viewing this Solution, DOES have a Refill Kit, at their disposal. The Reason why the Solution about filling with the Two Dot Method WILL Not Work, is because there are Two Longitudnal running channels, in this Cartridge that PREVENTS This. Take your little Drill or other drill like device that came with your Refill Kit, and make a Very Small hole (Look Above) "UNDER the word Lexmark impressed into the Cartridge" and BETWEEN those (Look Above) "two Tiny plastic ears that will stick up at you. DRILL THERE. It will be Directly above the Refill sponges AND consequently BEYWEEN those unforgiving two longitudnal guard channels, mentioned above. I, personally, would NOT wait until your Cartridge has over 100 Copies on it. I think it IS imperative to do these Refill instructions BEFORE you get that little Red Lite that says you have an Empty Cartridge; I know its a Pain, but try to keep track of your Copies and Refill at, or VERY NEAR copy number 90 or so. Even though I have seen Estimates from Lexmark to "other Refill Authorities" whom recommend anywher from 15 to10 ml. of ink to refill with; I used about 6 ml. of BLACK Refill ink, and IT WORKED JUST Fine ! LOL Cap off your drill hole with a plug, tape etc.... I personally use candle wax,...(just be careful-work slow), and you should be set to go, after you let it soak, say over night to be sure. I just used This Solution on Monday June the 13th, 2011 and had ZERO (0) poblems. I hope some of the above helps Anyone out there with a More Economical Printer/Copier use experience. If anyone in Virtual Dr. Land gets a No.15 Color Cartridge Solution, that works, PLEASE forward it on, to me , if at all possible. Bye for now.

Yours In Good Health:
    The Doc
    Jeffrey G. Cypher

Address, phone and email deleted by Moderator for the members privacy and security ... Solutions/responses can be made in this thread.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

i have the lexmark x2600 refilled cartridges but no good tryed the tape trick didnt work couldnt see cartridges so dug out my hp c4400 from under the bed and now using that just need to get new cartridges for it as mine work but not very well

Thread Information