REFILL LEXMARK BLACK CATRIDGE NO 14 PROBLEM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REFILL LEXMARK BLACK CATRIDGE NO 14 PROBLEM

Hybrid View

REFILL LEXMARK BLACK CATRIDGE NO 14 PROBLEM

HI I'M AM THE NEWBIE CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE MY LEXMARK X2650 BELIEVE THAT MY RECENTLY REFILLED CARTRIDGE IS FULL AND STOP TELLING TO CHANGE THE CARTRIDGE.IS THERE A WAY TO RESET THE CHIP IN IT? ANY HELP WUOLD BE APPRECIATED

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    This is the reason I use genuine printer manufacturer cartridges instead off refilling mine.

There used to be a software to help with this type of situation but I haven't heard anything on this software in a few years or even if it's still possible to do this.

Welcome to Virtual Dr ize got 2 know, but could I please ask you turn off your caps lock key. Typing in all caps is harder for us to read, plus in the internet world, all caps means you're yelling at me.

My personal opinion is that all Lexmarks (which includes Dell printers) should be beaten to death with a club so they can't reproduce. Lexmark's business practices are... I better stop here to avoid a lawsuit, which Lexmark has done to stop refills.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryctx
    My personal opinion is that all Lexmarks (which includes Dell printers) should be beaten to death with a club so they can't reproduce. Lexmark's business practices are... I better stop here to avoid a lawsuit, which Lexmark has done to stop refills.
    I agree, I have owned both, a Dell and a Lexmark printer. I had no luck refilling the ink so I bit the bullet and just went out and bought a HP printer.IMO, The cartidges are much more afforadable.Good luck in your hunt for the answer !
    Windows XP home edition,Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz, 256MB RAM

hi jerryctx. thanks for your reply.the offending printer is model x2650.since my (1st) post i've been reading bucket loads of solutions on other forums but nobody seems to be having any success.we can a man on the MOON,but we can't get our way around this problem.i refuse to accept that this is an unfixable.the answer is out there.probably tucked away in the bottom draw at lexmark headquarters.i haven't given up yet.ize got 2 know!

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Those cartridges that have the chip on the back of them aren't meant to be refilled. That's why some manufacturers put that chip there, to keep us from doing that. Best to use the cartridge that is designed for your printer. Besides those refills can sometimes blow ink inside your printer, they can also clog your inkjets making it impossible to clean them, literally breaking your printer.

Welcome to the forum ize got to know. First, we cannot put a man on the moon. We could and did in 1969, but not now. Secondly refillable cartridges, or those bought as "re-processed" are a waste of money and time. They either will not re-fill properly, will not work at all, or give up after about ten pages.
    1. Dimension C521; Athlon64x2; 3.25 GHz RAM; 320GB HD; 256MB Radeon X 1300 PRO ; Windows 7 PRO - 32 bit; Windows Security Essentials; Firefox v3; MS Live Mail; MalwareBytes Antimalware.
    2. Studio XPS 7100;Studio Phenom II X61055T 2.8GHz;8 GB RAM;Radeon HD 5450;1 TB HD;Windows 7 PRO- 64 bit; Windows Security Essentials;Malwarebytes Antimalware; MS LIve Mail; Firefox v4; Acronis True Image 2011, RollBack.

The Lexmark # 14 Cartridge has a fake chip imprint on the top. There is NO chip - it's just molded plastic. Further more the foam used to store the ink has a seperator film built in - it goes straight down the middle and seperates the front of the cartridge from the rear. This design allows lexmark to make the cartridge to appear to hold more ink than it does. When in reality only the back half of the cartridge holds the ink. If you refill the cartridge - you have to drill a tiny hole on the top rear of the cartridge and inject only a small amount of ink (about half the normal amount) Be sure to NOT insert the refill needle more than half way in. Slowly inject the ink - but be sure to NOT overfill it - in fact i recomend that you inject small amounts - and reinsert the cartridge into the printer and open your printer software to check the ink level indicator. (repeat as neccessary) If you overfill it - it could leak - you only want to get the sponge wet - not soaked. If you have attempted to refill the front half of the cartridge - you have waisted your time and likely destroyed the cartridge. Remember there is a seperator film that stops the ink flow. This cartridge design requires the back of the print head to be in direct contact with resevoir sponge - the seperator film restricts and prohibits the flow of ink from the front of the resevoir to the rear. Idealy, a hypodermic needle would be best for injecting the ink - because you can keep tract of the exact volume if ink required to refill the cartridge. I hope this is simple enough and easily understood. If you the reader haven't figured it out yet - this cartridge is designed to make the consumer think that refilling is not worth the risk. This sells alot more product for the company and keeps prices high.

Quote Originally Posted by appman67 View Post
    The Lexmark # 14 Cartridge has a fake chip imprint on the top. There is NO chip - it's just molded plastic. Further more the foam used to store the ink has a seperator film built in - it goes straight down the middle and seperates the front of the cartridge from the rear. This design allows lexmark to make the cartridge to appear to hold more ink than it does. When in reality only the back half of the cartridge holds the ink. If you refill the cartridge - you have to drill a tiny hole on the top rear of the cartridge and inject only a small amount of ink (about half the normal amount) Be sure to NOT incert the refill needle more than half way in. Slowly inject the ink - but be sure to NOT overfill it - in fact i recomend that you inject small amounts - and reincert the cartridge into the printer and open your printer software to check the ink level indicator. (repeat as neccessary) If you overfill it - it could leak - you only want to get the sponge wet - not soaked. If you have attempted to refill the front half of the cartridge - you have waisted your time and likely destroyed the cartridge. Remember there is a seperator film that stops the ink flow. This cartridge design requires the back of the print head to be in direct contact with resevoir sponge - the seperator film restricts and prohibits the flow of ink from the front of the resevoir to the rear. Idealy, a hypodermic needle would be best for injecting the ink - because you can keep tract of the exact volume if ink required to refill the cartridge. I hope this is simple enough and easily understood. If you the reader haven't figured it out yet - this cartridge is designed to make the consumer think that refilling is not worth the risk. This sells alot more product for the company and keeps prices high.

maybe u can help me with my lexmark x2600 , # 15 color catridge i refilled it but it still says to replace it and it wont print do u know if it can be ressetted or what can i do so it prints thanks anything helps a set of lexmark catriges color and black costs $ 55 dollars and if i have to pay that much for original lexmark refills i might as well buy a newer model for $ 39 dollars at walmart i only had this printer for one month and i will hate to throw it away because its cheaper to buy a new one than refilling it with original catriges. if thier is a way that i can refill it with a cheap 15.00 or 20.00 dollars refill kit i wil keep it

Lexmark X2650 cartride refill attempts....

Well before I read this forum I popped the top off the black and color cartridges. Note: both lids (black and color) have 3 tiny holes on the top.

In black I simply saw a big wad of foam soaked in black in the side near the print head and virtually white on the other half ... at the time I did not notice the film seperating the two halfs. I took a chance (I had prebought a lot of refill ink for a Canon printer that recently quit working) and drilled a hole in the front and using a sringe added about 6 cc. The printer still said it was empty. So I drilled another hole in the other side and siphoned about half out of the side first filled and added it to the half away from the print head ... no luck. So for good measure I added another 3 cc to this side and still no luck. It still says I have to replace the black cartridge. I'll wait till morning in case it just needs time to soak through? I'm also not sure it it matters if these holes are sealed again or not with the label or tape. I tried both ways and it does not make a difference.

In case someone has more luck and want to proceed with the color cartride next it has 3 compartments as you might guess for the 3 colors. These foam pads have no visible dividers. In the front (print head side) is red; left rear is yellow; right rear is blue (yes, I know I'm not using the official color names).

Good luck .... keep us posted if anyone has better luck.

P.S. On the Lexmark web site you can officially order "refillable" cartridges. Does anyone know if they really are made any different or is the extra couple dollars simply to cover printer the refill instructions and a little lost revenue.

Thanks

If the information weren't so good I would admonish you for posting to a thread from August of last year.

Thumbs up Lexmark black cartridge #14 refilling and bypassing

Yes Yes Yes it worked for me. I have a Lexmark x2670 with #14 (black ink cartridge) the one that came with the printer and it ran out of ink. I put tape on the bottom 4 points of the cartridge, put it back in the printer and went through the install cartridge steps that automatically came up including scanning what was printed and it is printing now. When printing you will see a question mark on the black printing status bar but who cares anyway. Praise the Lord!

Quote Originally Posted by hinkike View Post
    I put tape on the bottom 4 points of the cartridge
    Please explain what you mean by this or how you did it. From my perspective (obviously not yours) the bottom 4 points are just plastic corners.

Thanks

4 points

The only way I can understand this phrase about the 4 points are the 4 connectors on the bottom line.
    first line, there are 5 connectors, 2nd line: 3 connectors, ... , last line: 4 connectors.
    May be we need to inhibit these connectors to fake cartridge information about emptiness?

BTW, I'm really disappointed with Lexmark practice in this case.
    And they don't have a refill program but a RETURN program, in clear:
    Lexmark refills your cartridge, you PAY for genuine product.

Of course it's not meant to be economic for customer and it's not even eco-friendly because each cartridge goes back by PLANE!! Check "priority mail, by plane" on the return envelope.
    Man, products to be recycled should be collected locally, or at least can be posted with economic (ground, slow) services

I'll go for a 14A since it's the only way to refill it.
    They are really hard to find, sometimes they sell 14 and reference it as 14A.

Thread Information