I need help to resolve the following problem.

CdrWin (the software manufacturer Golden Hawk Technology - 614 Nashua Street #62, Milford, NH 03055. USA) does not offer any help. All their phone lines have been cut, as of a week ago (it could have been for a long time already). Their e-mails bounced (except for the one for people to purchase their software via PayPal/CreditCard payments). I sent my question to them via their sales e-mail, and there was no reply for 2 weeks already, despite of what they say about the tech support hotline and e-mail, etc. in their website : www.goldenhawk.com. I feel like being ripped off and a big sucker after paying them in full (on July 6, 2008) for a software that many of my friends are saying good things about (but they use a pirated older version, which does not support newer CD/DVD writers. And I feel bad about using pirated versions).

Problem:
I installed the v4.0G CdrWin (announced April 2008) and had tried on 2 Plextor drives:- one is an internal Plextor Model 716A; another is an external Plextor Model 708. My computer is using WinXP Sp2, with Nero [it should not have any compatibility problem, and my friends are using the same version of Nero with CdrWin (an older version) too... see below].

The old version, e.g. v3.9H, used to work with Plextor Model 708 (the External drive I have). I know because I tried on my friend's laptop, and attaching via Firewire. All of them have Nero v7.

Now, when I use the official and properly licensed software to burn a CD (a special format called CDG, which is supported by CdrWin - otherwise, I would have just use Nero), both of my 'burn' (CD recording process) encountered a problem. The error message was:
Write Command Error Failed on device 2:4:0
Unexpected ASPI error 04h-00h-00h

All these Plextor drives are compatible CdrWin. I use WinXP Sp2. And when I burn my CDs, I used the slowest speed (1x) with Buffer Underrun protection. I know how to use CdrWin, but none of the error messages are documented in their website. The software does not have documentation. The 'help' on errors will just point back to their website support page. Talk about good software... this is a very typical 'loser' !

Some of my friends suggested me to use a pirated version that I can google... but my trusted friends told me not too with the new version I need because I would end up burning 100% toasters all of the time.

Please, I appreciate your help on my tech problem.

And also, on the side, if anyone who can suggest a way I can get my money back (I paid via PayPal), I want to know too... Being in Canada, and dealing with a U.S. company remotely, there are lots of issues that the U.S. government (FTC) cannot help.