Error Encountered : CdrWin v4.0G and Plextor PX716 (Internal)

Thread: Error Encountered : CdrWin v4.0G and Plextor PX716 (Internal)

Error Encountered : CdrWin v4.0G and Plextor PX716 (Internal)

I need help to resolve the following problem.

CdrWin (the software manufacturer Golden Hawk Technology - 614 Nashua Street #62, Milford, NH 03055. USA) does not offer any help. All their phone lines have been cut, as of a week ago (it could have been for a long time already). Their e-mails bounced (except for the one for people to purchase their software via PayPal/CreditCard payments). I sent my question to them via their sales e-mail, and there was no reply for 2 weeks already, despite of what they say about the tech support hotline and e-mail, etc. in their website : www.goldenhawk.com. I feel like being ripped off and a big sucker after paying them in full (on July 6, 2008) for a software that many of my friends are saying good things about (but they use a pirated older version, which does not support newer CD/DVD writers. And I feel bad about using pirated versions).

Problem:
    I installed the v4.0G CdrWin (announced April 2008) and had tried on 2 Plextor drives:- one is an internal Plextor Model 716A; another is an external Plextor Model 708. My computer is using WinXP Sp2, with Nero [it should not have any compatibility problem, and my friends are using the same version of Nero with CdrWin (an older version) too... see below].

The old version, e.g. v3.9H, used to work with Plextor Model 708 (the External drive I have). I know because I tried on my friend's laptop, and attaching via Firewire. All of them have Nero v7.

Now, when I use the official and properly licensed software to burn a CD (a special format called CDG, which is supported by CdrWin - otherwise, I would have just use Nero), both of my 'burn' (CD recording process) encountered a problem. The error message was:
    Write Command Error Failed on device 2:4:0
    Unexpected ASPI error 04h-00h-00h

All these Plextor drives are compatible CdrWin. I use WinXP Sp2. And when I burn my CDs, I used the slowest speed (1x) with Buffer Underrun protection. I know how to use CdrWin, but none of the error messages are documented in their website. The software does not have documentation. The 'help' on errors will just point back to their website support page. Talk about good software... this is a very typical 'loser' !

Some of my friends suggested me to use a pirated version that I can google... but my trusted friends told me not too with the new version I need because I would end up burning 100% toasters all of the time.

Please, I appreciate your help on my tech problem.

And also, on the side, if anyone who can suggest a way I can get my money back (I paid via PayPal), I want to know too... Being in Canada, and dealing with a U.S. company remotely, there are lots of issues that the U.S. government (FTC) cannot help.

Unexpected ASPI error 04h-00h-00h

Means you needs the ASPI Driver for that system.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd...tools/aspi.cfm

Another site
    http://www.download.com/Adaptec-ASPI...-10161912.html

Hi, Train,
    How do I tell if I have the ASPI Driver, and correct version of it, installed on my computer already ?

In one of the installation panels of CdrWin (v4.0G), there is an option to include installation of ASPI Driver. And it says it is not needed for WinXP or Vista. I did installed it anyway.

Can you tell me where in my computer to check ?
    And, if I had it installed already, would it cause any damage to install it again ?

Thanks for your help !

Better see if post number 2 applies.
    http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=276476

CdrWin v4.0G and Plextor Drives (PX-716 Internal) and (PX-708 External)

I have tried CdrWin v4.0G on both Plextor Drives after downloading and installing aspi drivers. These Plextor drives can now read and write CDs the way I wanted them.

BUT, now my desktop cannot detect any DVDs. No matter which well-respected kind/brand of DVD +/- (Verbatim/Fuji/Memorex), or movies (with Region Code 1) [again, no pirated stuff here] that I put in, Windows Explorer, and PowerDVD say there is no DVD.

I have also checked the Region Code of these drives, they are all set as Region Code 1 (so the Region Code conflict of Movie DVDs is not an issue).

Whereas, as I said, and I had reluctantly installed an older version of CdrWin (v3.9H) on an identical desktop just to prove a point (and after the test, I already removed it completely) [Note- on the desktop that I had the DVD problem I cannot uninstall CdrWin 4.0G because somehow Golden Hawk Technology disabled that for the registered version], I managed to read/write CDs, and play DVDs (only with the Plextor PX-708 External) [and I do not want to mess up this desktop by installing CdrWin v4.0G to test the Plextor-716 Internal, and for sure CdrWin v3.9H does not support this drive... the Plextor drive is too new for CdrWin v3.9H].

ASPI is not needed in WinXP, even Plextor is saying that.

I need to know what is going on with the drivers... and also with Golden Hawk Technology in general and CdrWin 4.0G in particular. Honestly, Golden Hawk Technology should pay me to trial out their new version with so many combinations of Plextor Drives in different settings, instead of charging me the license fee.

Appreciate help from all you good people.

Newbie.

About now I guess I would replace the Plextor.

I know they are expensive, but if I can not get it to work. . . .

Got me beat

Thread Information