Delete vs. Move To Chest

Thread: Delete vs. Move To Chest

Delete vs. Move To Chest

I use Avast Antivirus. When I do a full scan, I'm asked whether to 'delete' an invader or 'move to chest'.

The 'move to chest' is the recommended action. Why is that? I would think DELETE would be the way to go. Could someone explain to me why 'move to chest' seems to be the better way to go?

Also, should I delete what's in the 'CHEST' at one point? Or do I just leave it in there forever?
    Desktop: Pentium 4 630 2 Gb PC3200 DDR 400Mhz RAM; ASUS P5VDC-MX motherboard (share memory of 128MB); 16XDual Layer DVD-RW; 40X-CD-RW; 400 W Apex ATX PSU; Windows XP Pro, SP 2; 40GB Maxtor ATA/133 harddrive; 300GB Maxtor SATA harddrive, 16MB buffer; 300GB external USB Seagate harddrive; 3.5" floppy drive

ACER ASPIRE 5672 CORE DUO T2300 1.66GHZ / 2 GB DDR Ram/ 120GB HDD / 15.4" EXGA / DVD-RW / XP PRO / 802.11BG WIRELESS / BLUETOOTH

Moving it to the chest would be the choice if there's any possibility that it's a false positive. That's often my choice since it's a safe place to store a virus for a little while just to make sure it's safe to permanently delete.

While it's there you can submit it to a multi scan site like Jotti to get a range of many other scanners opinions on whether it's a virus. Anthing that's been confirmed as a virus can be deleted quickly and anything you're unsure of keep for a week or two just to make sure that no programs have been broken.
    Don't believe everything you think.
    animal lovers click here
    and here

Thread Information