Direct Cable Connection distress

Thread: Direct Cable Connection distress

Direct Cable Connection distress

I have 2 computers. They both run Windows 95 and have a 9-pin Serial port, which I am trying to connect the by. I connected them using a Radioshack 232 Serial Cable (the one DCC Help told me to use), and I have installed Dial Up Networking 1.3 upgrade on both of the computers. They are connected properly. I checked the protocols, and they are correct, I have IPX/SPX compatible installed on both. I cant seem to find any problem with the Windows trouble shooter. Whats up with it? I know that one's serial port works, I used it for an external modem?

so whats wrong?

Hi, there's a lot of info on DCC at this website that isn't covered by window's pathetically inadequate "dcc-wizard".
    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/dcc.htm

let us know if this works out.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks i'll see if that works this weekend i may not get backonline till monday. i found one thing that might be a problem that i didn't check. its called the "browse master" setting. sounds cryptic but i'll check it out. one thing i noticed is that file and pring sharing is disabled on the guest; for some reason the button is greyed. i dont know why. would that affect DCC for windows 95

P.S. I WILL want to use the other computer as a HOST in the future to share a CD-ROM drive, cuz the one on the other comp doesnt work

Good news Bad news time

Good news: I found out how to add file and print sharing to the newer computer (we call the newer computer Lara)

Bad news-I changed the browse master stetting to enabled for the host (aka Sarah) and disabled for the guest (Lara) and it still didnt work. i still need to check the cable speed settings i looked at them before I went online and i think they are set right but i gotta make sure and stuff so post here later

Thread Information