No sound???

Thread: No sound???

No sound???

A few weeks back my DVD player stopped working on my desk top (no picture or sound) for no reason (or so my missus says - I was working away at the time ). I tried using Windows Media Player and RealPlayer and am running XP Home. Anyway, after trying everything I knew, I decided to buy a new DVD player. But, same problem! I then downloaded VLC Media Player and got the pictures back but still no sound. I normally use a Creative Sound Blaster Live sound card, but I cannot even get the onboard sound when simply plugging headphones into the motherboard connection. hmmm.

I've re-installed the drivers for the SB sound card, and ensured that the volume is up everywhere and there are no 'mute' boxes checked. All the usual stuff but it still doesn't work...

Any ideas fella's??

Go to Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager (or Windows key + pause/break), and see if there are any yellow splats in there. If there are, right-click and choose Properties, and report back with the error message(s).
    Nick.

Thanks Super.

Unfortunately, no error messages. It says the device is working properly. I've also tried updating the driver but it says I have the best version.

Luckily, I've now managed to get the onboard sounds working using a pair of PC speakers. Not as good as the 5.1 surround sound, but it'll have to do for now

Start, control Panel, sound effect manager, or words to that effect.

That is where you enable the different speaker setups.

I've also tried updating the driver but it says I have the best version.
    It doesn't matter. Download newest driver, uninstall current one, and install new one.

Thread Information