nasty spyware that i can't remove....

Thread: nasty spyware that i can't remove....

Unhappy nasty spyware that i can't remove....

i did a AVG anti-spyware scan this evening and it find 15 spyware
    when i go and look to the maps in the directory C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default it is not there ....???

i have my settings so that i see all the hidden things (maps and files)
    i have uncheckt the system restore program on the hd's.
    i deleted these spyware but when i restart the pc and do a scan ... there right back there ?????

these are the files the avg find.

:mozilla.170:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.190:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.252:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.246:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.261:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.243:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Bluestreak : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.236:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Euroclick : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.30:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Gamershell : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.80:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Netflame : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.100:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.56:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.98:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tradedoubler : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.185:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrends : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.64:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yadro : Cleaned.
    :mozilla.39:C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\77ur5772.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.

can someone tell me wat to do please ?
    to make that these files are gone and don't come again?
    thanks in advance.
    Last edited by sitewizard; March 27th, 2008 at 04:45 PM.

I see the word "Cleaned" in all of the lines, which would indicate that the files were removed.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

anti spyware that i can't remove

yes Sir ,
    but when i restart the pc , then they are right back where they are ...

i see that in this list are standing ad the end Cleaned,
    that is because i did first the scan and then i took a copy from the list

that's why i ask how to remove these spyware...
    so that they don't come back again.

thanks for the help in advance.
    Last edited by sitewizard; March 27th, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

Those spyware items appear to be browser cookies. You could add them to the list of blocked cookies in your browser, however, that probably isn't worth the trouble. There are lots more sites that can leave cookies labelled as spyware, and they don't cause any real damage or problems. Simply cleaning them out periodically is usually enough.

spyware that i can't remove

aah ok thank you Sir for the answer.
    only how can i blok them ??
    i use ie7 and mozila firefox.

i can't even see that map wher they should be in (77ur5772.default)

For IE6 (IE7 should be similar), click Tools, Internet Options, Privacy tab, Advanced button, and check "Override automatic cookie handling".

thanks Sir for the answer,
    i did check this option now and have it on blok direct and indirect cookies.

i hope it will do the job now ^^

Bear in mind that those settings may affect your ability to log in to some web sites like those for online banking. They may also prevent sites like VirtualDr from remembering your login information.

Some antivirus usually have a Clean, Quarantine, and Remove/Delete option. I'm not sure since I don't use AVG but make sure that you also Remove/Delete them AFTER they are cleaned. The spyware might just be there since you did not remove them but they are cleaned.

Also, you might want to try another antivirus program just to make sure that your AVG is up to date. Try NOD32. You can download this at:

http://www.download.com/ESET-NOD32-A...html?tag=lst-1

I reeally wish that anti-malware companies would stop labelling Tracking Cookies as "spyware". They really aren't in the same league at all, and have minor privacy implications at worst. At the end of the day, they are still only cookies and so are harmless enough. Here's a good article on being rid of them:

http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000385.html

And here's a good explanation of cookies in general:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

http://cookiecentral.com/
    Nick.

Thread Information