Outlook 2007 Contacts question

Thread: Outlook 2007 Contacts question

Outlook 2007 Contacts question

I use Win 7 and Outlook 2007 on a Lenovo 770 laptop. This is all personal mail, as I am retired and no corporate programs or protocols are around. When forwarding mail, there is the small window of "To", "CC" and "BCC" for adding recipients. When I click on the To" button, for instance, there is a long list of my contacts. Some of the contacts are double listed, some of the contacts listed here are not in my "Contacts" file at all -- names I have eliminated from my list. Is there a cache of contacts that Outlook uses to propagate this group of names that shows up when I click on one of those buttons? How can I get rid of the double listing of some names and those removed from my Contacts but which still show up? Thanks a heap for any assistance you can give.
    JGB

Hmm. I think you might be talking about the autocomplete cache. You can try that first.
    https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/287623?wa=wsignin1.0

Delete duplicate contacts
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...010098541.aspx

Thanks for the information. Part was the nickname thing, and part was a combination of the contacts on my phone showing up here from the Cloud! I realized i had duplicates on my phone and it was interesting to use the phone duplicate contacts deleted from Outlook as I deleted them on the phone. A few days ago somehow I lost my Outlook. pst file on my laptop. I had the contacts on Icloud so brought them into Outlook. Then I realized with Acronis I could right click on the shaded out file name and click on "Restore" and the file was restored from the Acronis backup. In this process and the phone contacts, I got duplicates. I have it worked out now and will just rebuild the autocomplete file as I select names. Thanks.
    JGB

Ah. That makes sense. Glad you got it sorted out.

Thread Information