runtime error! program: c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe This applicat

Thread: runtime error! program: c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe This applicat

Unhappy runtime error! program: c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe This applicat

Hi, can anyone help me with this error I'm getting?

microsoft visual c++ runtime library runtime error! program: c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I've uninstalled the google and yahoo toolbars and still get the error. I've even tried uninstalling and reinstalling IE and still getting the error. Is there a program or something I can run to see what might be causing the problem.

In your IE browser, click on Tools -> Manage Add-ons. Click on each entry, and disable them, one by one, and reboot, until you find the offending proggie. Most common ones: McAfee Anti-spam, McAfee Anti-phishing, Google Tool Bar, Norton Anti-Spam.
    Also, this problem won't usually happen with Firefox. If you don't use Firefox all the time it would be a work-around until you find a fix.
    Welcome to Virtual Dr.
    J.
    Last edited by jseidel; February 24th, 2008 at 08:31 PM.
    Cooler Master Elite 430
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
    Intel Core i5 2500K, 3.30 GHz
    ADATA 8 GB DDR3
    EVGA GTX 560 1GB PCIe
    Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe
    1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
    P/S: Corsair GS800
    Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
    . . . by Digital Storm

Thread Information