Jerky screen when moving windows and scrolling

Thread: Jerky screen when moving windows and scrolling

Hybrid View

Jerky screen when moving windows and scrolling

Hi,

My monitor is jerky when moving windows and scrolling. When I open up device manager it indicates Video Controller (VGA Compatible) is missing a driver. I have a 19" LG L1915S monitor and sure Ive had this problem before where I just reinstalled the drivers for the monitor but when I attempt to do this for the drivers I have it cant find the correct driver amongst the files I have. Is this an issue with the monitor? I have an old video card (although this has managed to handle the monitor resolution - 1280x1024 - still jerky when I reduce to 1024x768) and was thinking about removing it and using the video card built into my motherboard.

If anyone can help it would be very very much appreciated as I have someone wanting to buy the computer from me and cant sell it on til I resolve this. By the way, I have just reinstalled windows XP why Im getting problems.

Cheers

Bizt
    Windows XP Pro SP2

Pentium4 3.2GHz Processor
    1GB DDR Memory
    Gigabyte 8TRS350MT 800FSB Motherboard
    80GB Maxtor 7200RPM HDD
    80GB Iomega External HDD

19" LG L1915S Flat screen monitor

(... and a cool sticker on the side that says, 'Bite me!')

What kind of gfx card are you using? My bet would be that you need to go to the manufactures website and down load up to date drivers for your card. Its been my experiance that Windows drivers suck as the desk top will be slow and jerky.
    Happiness is a journey, not a destination. So work like you don't need money, Ride like you've never crashed, and dance like no one's watching!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bizt
    Hi,

My monitor is jerky when moving windows and scrolling. When I open up device manager it indicates Video Controller (VGA Compatible) is missing a driver. I have a 19" LG L1915S monitor and sure Ive had this problem before where I just reinstalled the drivers for the monitor but when I attempt to do this for the drivers I have it cant find the correct driver amongst the files I have. Is this an issue with the monitor? I have an old video card (although this has managed to handle the monitor resolution - 1280x1024 - still jerky when I reduce to 1024x768) and was thinking about removing it and using the video card built into my motherboard.

If anyone can help it would be very very much appreciated as I have someone wanting to buy the computer from me and cant sell it on til I resolve this. By the way, I have just reinstalled windows XP why Im getting problems.

Cheers

Bizt
    Looks like your board has built in video (ATI RADEON 9100 Pro IGP graphics core). I would go grab the drivers for it and ATI's site and install them.

Thread Information