Configuring a 2Wire Router/Modem

Thread: Configuring a 2Wire Router/Modem

Configuring a 2Wire Router/Modem

I am running Vista Ultimate on my desktop and WinXPHE on my laptop. I recently bought a 2Wire modem/router 2700 Gateway with a view to connecting my laptop without an ethernet cable. I obtained my ISP settings and logged on to the system setup screen of the router and manually set up the device only to be faced with the following message when it tried to connect to the web:-

DSL Signal: DSL found on Line 1
    PPP Login: Successful
    Internet Address: An Internet address was verified
    ISP Link: Domain Name server found
    Configuration Server Link: Unable to contact the Configuration Server

Can anyone tell me how important the Gateway Activation Codes are? I took one off the web which is said to be fine for a PPPoA protocol which is what my ISP calls for.

I can access the web OK and can receive but can't send Email. I also cannot set up the laptop the way I should, but that's another story. I'd like to get the desktop running via the ethernet cable first. Can anyone offer advice please
    Any help would be appreciated and acknowledged.

All the best

Batteneye

It looks like the "activation key" is just a proprietary way to encode a bunch of settings, and it looks ISP-specific. Try the relevant one from http://www.2wire.com/index.php?p=268 if you didn't already. Otherwise, try the manual configuration one from the bottom of that list and see how you go with that.
    Safe computing is a habit, not a toolkit.

Thread Information