[RESOLVED] Mup.sys big big problem!!! T__T
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Mup.sys big big problem!!! T__T

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] Mup.sys big big problem!!! T__T

HELP!!!I got a terrible problem that seem to affect a lot of peoples.....and...I'm a young dude of 17 years old who dunno how to really make work a computer T__T I never had problem,and this was my first one.

As I was on my computer playing a video game,I close my xp computer and gone to sleep. The next morning,it would always bring me to a page where I could select those options.

safe mode
    safe mode whit networking
    safe mode whit command prompt
    last known good configuration
    start windows normally

I tried each of them whithout success....It always made appear for like 1 second a blue page and my computer rebooted and get me back to the same page T___T

When I tryed to get in safe mode,it stopped at that

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Mup.sys

I tryed some things,like looking if it heated up too much...tryed the f5 trick that soo many peoples talk about T__T

I would really really need help!!!It look like a comon problem,but I cant found how to get rid of it!

Also,I dont know much about computers T__T Please,If some peoples help me,try to be precise in the commands to use ;_____;!!!!

Do you have a Windows cd or a recovery type that manufactors use.

I checked and found two cd

Microsoft Windows Xp Home edition *that must be the instal disk*

And another one

Drivers and utilities*already installed on your computer*
    Dell tm resource CD

Contente: Device drivers + diagnostics and utilities

Dell

Here are the 2 cd that I have for now

Don't think dell has changed their cd in last few years, so I will ask this before we go any further.

Do you have data on the hdd {harddrive} that you would hate to lose?

Because what you are going to have to do, is going to wipe everything off the drive. I mean everything!

Train

How about trying a Repair first? I have known it to fix the problem.

Trouble is that there are so many causes of this Mup.sys error. It can be hardware too. Strange, but in most cases Mup.sys is just a red herring.

Elaine

If it ain't broke, leave it alone.

Tip: I've seen it take close to 30 minutes to (finally) get beyond the MUP.SYS file when booting up in Safe mode.

Hanging on Mup.sys can often be caused by a failing hard drive. Download and run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility (they run from floppy, there is no need to boot into Windows), and see what that says. Here are the most common ones:

Seagate Seatools (handles Maxtor drives too)

IBM / Hitachi Drive Fitness Test

Western Digital Software & Drivers

Fujitsu Utilities

Samsung Drive Utilities
    Nick.

Elaine, Yes, I was thinking of seeing if a repair could be done, but the LAST DELL XP cd I used was a Ghost type Clone cd. But as they have a driver cd, it might work. But just in case, I posted what I did.

Doc, good point thanks! and for this also.

Code:
    1. Boot the computer from your Windows XP CD.
    2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen press [Enter] to start the Windows Setup. Note: Do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
    3. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
    4. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press [R] to start the repair. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
    5. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will then continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
    How to perform a re-install of WinXP http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;315341 Repair XP http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repa...sting%20Setup: WinXP Non-destructive Total Rebuild http://www.informationweek.com/windo...leID=189400897

Train

No,I don't have data that I would need to keep...I'm ready to do everything to make it work,including erase all data in it...if it can make it work well again ;___;!

Dunedin

You are talking about trying to make a repair?how can I do one?

Spyware dctor

Thanks for the advice T__T But,when it get stock at mup.sys,nothing appen for like 15 seconds,and it reboot my computer again and again T__T Its reboot my computer whenever I try to go in safe mode or start my computer normally T__T

Supersparks

Download and run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic utility?how can I do so?Sorry again T__T I don't know a lot about computers...

Train

Ill go check what happen when I boot my computer by first oppening the cd-rom

First,whit the windows xp one

Its open a blue page whit Windows setup on top.,and,in the bottom,a grey line where words appears
    In the grey line,at first,It give me the choise to click on f6 to
    After,a lot of files start loading.

After like 1 mins,it get stuck at setup is starting windows....and it doesnt look to move more.

When I open the deel one

There is a black page where in the top,it is written

Microsoft Windows 98 CD-ROM startup Menu

And,also in white letters,under it,

1.Boot from hard disk
    2.Boot from CD-ROM

Enter your choice:

T___T What should I do,now?

1. Boot the computer from your Windows XP CD.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen press [Enter] to start the Windows Setup.

Note: Do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

3. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

4. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press [R] to start the repair. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

5. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will then continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
    How to perform a re-install of WinXP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;315341

Repair XP
    http://www.webtree.ca/windowsxp/repa...sting%20Setup:

WinXP Non-destructive Total Rebuild
    http://www.informationweek.com/windo...leID=189400897

Thanks a lot for the anser,spyware doctor!

But for now on,I seem to have another problem...

When I started from my cd,I was in the

http://www.informationweek.com/1094/langa03.jhtml

page,and it doesnt seem to move more...

How could I get to this page

http://www.informationweek.com/1094/langa04.jhtml

following the place where My computer seem to stop?helpp XD

How long did you wait?

If more than say an hour, you may have some flaky/failing hardware. (At this point it could be anything from an unreadable CD, dirty CD drive, flaky RAM, bad power supply, dying hard drive, overheating, etc.).

Yes, as I said before, that`s the problem with a Mup.sys error. It can be anything, even hardware.

Did you add any devices before this happened? Unplug all external devices and remove all cards except the video card and try to run setup again.

Elaine

If it ain't broke, leave it alone.

Spyware doctor

So,does this mean that my computer is doomed T__T???

Dunedin

How can I remose those cards from my computer?How do they look like?I can see some usb connectin to the back of my computer,but no cards =O!!!

Download this and burn it to CD, it has all the hard drive diagnostic utilities plus many more besides. You don't need to boot into Windows to run them, just boot up with the CD in the drive, select the utility that you want and it will run:

Ultimate Boot CD

If you aren't sure of the make of drive that is installed use the Seagate Seatools, or Hitachi Drive Fitness Test utilities, as they will work with any make of drive.
    Nick.

Thread Information